Nate?

Grace p.o.v

Two years later and it still hurts. 

He said it.

 He said he loved me but I didn't say it back, because for some reason I couldn't. He said he'd wait and I didn't want to tell him there was no point, I'd never come back, because i was too selfish. I wanted him to wait.

Two years later and I'm with a new guy, his name is Jordan and we've been going out for three months. I'm happy. Or at least I was until my friends talked me into going out to the club that night.

Nate p.o.v

A year after she left, she stopped calling and answering my texts. She said it was too hard. I'd told her I would wait and I did. I tried to but then I was moved to London. She never told me where she was going so i'd promised to wait in France.

I fought with everything I had but I couldn't do anything about it and two years since I'd seen the love of my life, I was sitting at a bar in England waiting, still waiting. I caught a flash of red and I turned my head but it wasn't her, i was probably just hallucinating. I was turning back around when I saw her. 

I blinked.

 She was still there. I slapped myself a couple of times because I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe after two years I'd finally found her. She'd come home to me. I stumbled over my chair in my hurry to get to her and when she looked at me my world finally clicked back into place.

Grace p.o.v

He smiled at me and I almost fell of my chair. Nate?

It took me a minute to smile back but when I did something clicked into place. A hand went around my waist and it took all my strength to not yank it off. It felt wrong now.

"Hey baby" I had never hated the sound of his voice till that moment. I forced a smile.

"Jordan, Nate. Nate, Jordan."I ground out the last word. Jordan butted in, "I'm her boyfriend." I watched in terror as the light in his eyes went out and I wanted to kill Jordan.

"Hey Nate." I watched as they shook hands, I wanted to rip Jordan's ugly hands from Nate's beautiful ones.

"So Nate, you've got a babe?" His hands were burning my waist and I shifted uncomfortably. He didn't notice.

Nate looked at me when he said,"No." If Jordan wasn't still holding me up I would have fallen to my knees. He had waited but I hadn't. This time I want to kill myself.

To my tremendous pain, we spent the night with Nate and I found out he lived in the apartment above mine. So close. It was torture. I couldn't keep my eyes of him.

Nate p.o.v

I couldn't keep my eyes of her. The way she moved and that stupid out of place arm around her where mine should be. It was torture and I wanted to run but I stayed. I stayed because I had promised. I'd wait.