Chapter 2 - My Life

So this is how I live. Day to day, abandoned house to abandoned house. 

I sipped my chamomile tea (it always calms me down). I was thinking about how long I would have to live this way, while I sat back in an old red recliner, in the living room.

After everyone important to me died, I couldn't bear to live in my old house. I caouldn't stay in the home where I grew up. So I took a few personal possessions and left. 

Right now I'm residing at some out of the way place in Queens. That's how I like my homes, out of the way and safe. 

Whenever I go somewhere new, I try not to think about the previous owners. Who they might be... or who they might've been. 

But that doesn't matter now. What matters is staying alive. 

You're probably wondering why I don't stay somewhere safe, within the main part of the city, and let myself be protected by the government.

Well, here's the thing:

I can never be safe. Unless I run. 

So that's what I've been doing for the last six years. 

On the go, always paranoid, always looking, always searching and watching the government. And also making sure that the government isn't watching me.

The government is looking for anyone who can't be controlled by them. And those people are like me. Anyone who didn't catch the plague, who didn't get sick, and didn't need the cure.

Basically anyone who still has their sanity. And I still have mine, so I fall into that category.

I actually find it funny (in a sick way), how quick our leaders intentions went from good to bad.

It was like, one second they were helping. And the next, they just didn't care. 

And the fact that no one else (aside from people like me), know what exactly is going on. 

Everyone else thinks that our 'great' government cured everyone, and even though their was a side effect where they forgot things (everything), it's all okay, because they know best.

But I know better. 

The government took their minds, and they aren't giving them back anytime soon. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! ;)