Chapter Two

Audrey's POV

I throw my head back, laughing at Allin's outrageous story. I try to regain my breath, and get the feeling of someone watching me. I whip around and scan the cafe, only to be greeted with my reflection that's mirrored off a guys aviator style sunglasses pointed our way. I flush, and turn to Allin.

"Uh, Allin, I think you've got another admirer over there.its kind of creepy" I whisper and point with my head in the direction of the stranger.

"I doubt it," she frowns, "but if he keeps it up I'll go say something to him since it's bothering you."

I blush, but nod, grateful for my outspoken protective friend.

Liam's POV

I see the small girl whip her head around and stare at me, then whisper to her friend. I duck my head down, certain she's noticed my staring. I can't help myself though, she's so small and sad! I shake my head, trying to get this strange girl out of my thoughts. I'm still in love with Danielle... Well I think. We only broke up a month ago.

The girl and her friend walk past my table, so I glance up to see where they are headed. I swallow in shock when I'm greeted by the redheads glare. I put my head in my head, acting as if I didn't notice.

Every so often I catch myself looking at the girl and her friend. I see so much sadness in her face, in the way that she loses track of the conversation and stares blankly ahead. I'm torn between wanting to comfort her, to make her smile, and staying in my seat staring at her.

I'm ripped out of my thoughts when I find her redheaded friend standing in front of me, drumming her fingers on my table.

"Excuse me. You keep staring and it's really creepy. I know I'm hot, but you don't stand a chance. And who wears fucking sunglasses inside? Okay, Mr. I'm too cool, get over yourself-"

I stand up, cutting of her violent rant.

"I'm so sorry for staring, and although you are quite lovely and charming, it's your friend who I'm fancying." I say back sarcastically, pleased when I see the redhead go silent. Of course I feel bad to have snapped at the redhead, so I apologize immediately.

"Oh I am so sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. I'm just having a rough week, and it looks like your friend is too and I was debating if I should talk to her out not, you know cos misery loves company" I rambled

The redhead smiled, nodded, and beckoned me over to her table.

"Hi! I'm Allin, and this is Audrey, my best friend." She introduced her and her friend.

"Well, hello then. I'm Liam, good to meet you" I replied, pulling a chair up alongside their table.

I couldn't believe I was talking to her. She had the sweetest voice ever, and it fell like a song on my ears. Well, that was when she talked. Her friend, Allin, held up most of the conversation, and was quite funny and clever. Suddenly, Audrey breaks in the conversation.

"Liam, I don't mean to be rude, but why are you wearing sunglasses inside?"

I chuckle before responding, "well, at the risk of sounding conceited, I'm kind of... Famous. And I didn't want anyone to recognize who I am."

Audrey nods seriously, like she understands, but Allin looks as if she doesn't believe me.

"Well, mr. Liam, since we are the only ones in here, why can't we see who you are, if you're really so famous?" Allin challenged.

I roll my eyes and sigh as I slowly pull my hood down an sunglasses off, wincing at Allin and Audrey's shocked faces.

"Yes, yes, I know. Sorry to shock you. I just want to be normal sometimes, ya know?! I'm sorry for lying to you both, I understand if you're both mad." I say quickly, pleading with my eyes that they understand.

Allin starts to speak but Audrey cuts her off.

"It's okay. I understand. I know how nice it is to feel normal and accepted, if only for a little while." Audrey says, giving me a sad smile, completely shocking me. "And Liam, it was so nice meeting you, but it's time for Allin and I to go." She stands up, pulling a confused Allin with her.

Audrey's POV

I had to get out of there. I found myself starting to feel things for Liam that I hadn't felt since... Well for a long time. Which was absurd. He was famous. I say good bye to him and pull Allin with me, ignoring his sad eyes and Allin's confusion. We had just made it out the cafe when I hear the door open behind us.

"I'm sorry if I upset you! Did I say something wrong?" Liam said, searching my face for an answer.

I look at the ground, unable to meet his kind eyes.

"N-no.. I just have to go to the store and I just only remembered." I said lamely.

"Oh.. Well. I really enjoyed talking to you two. I know this is weird, but can I have your number? Just so we all can meet up for coffee again or something?" Liam asked.

Allin nods for us, and gives him not only hers, but my number as well. I glare at her, and she smirks defiantly back.

"Oh great. Thanks dear. Well, I'll give you a call sometime." Liam promises before walking in the opposite direction.

I whirl around and hiss at Allin. "What the hell? Why would you give him my number!? Clearly he only wanted yours!"

She laughs, "Oh Auds, you must be joking. Liam totally stared at you the whole time. He wants you."

I stare at her blankly. Obviously Liam Payne wouldn't think I'm hot, especially beside Allin. I mean, I did catch him staring at me, but I figured I had something on my face. I blush, then shake my head.

"You're crazy Al. It doesn't matter anyways.. Every time I close my eyes, I see Chris." I said, barely whispering at the end.

Allin crushes me into a hug.

"Oh Audrey. I know it's hard, but not every guy is Chris. You've got to try to move on... And Liam Payne is the perfect guy to move on to." Allin says wickedly.

I nod my head weakly, but think..

"What if Liam Payne really was looking at me like that?"