The Call

(Peeta POV)
I walk out into the hall and dial the phone number. It rings and rings before it's finally picked up.
"Hello?"
"I don't have to explain much since you already know everything that is taking place right now. If you touch my family or Katniss's family ever again I will kill you." I threaten.
"Peeta, I have no idea what you are talking about."
"I know you did all this," I respond.
"Did all of what?" She's playing dumb now.
"I'm not going to waste my breath on telling you a story you already know." I'm beyond mad and we've only been talking for 2 minutes.
"Peeta, please tell me what's going on." My phone buzzes while I'm talking. I see a text from this unknown person who is causing so much chaos.
"I'm sorry, Delly. I'll explain later." I hang up on her and reread the text message over and over again.
Tick tock, Mr. Mellark. Time flies by and your babies will grow up, possibly without parents.
Watch out.
I go to bite my nails but find they are bitten down to the point where they are bleeding. I can't let my baby girls grow up without us. I won't let them live in an orphanage.
I get up and walk into Katniss's room. She's awake and holding both the girls in her arms.
"Finnick, I need to talk to you." He follows me into the quiet hall. I hand him my phone with the text message lighting up the screen.
"We need to find out who is threatening us with these messages." He reads it over and over just like I did.
"Let me take it down to the base and see if they can trace it to a location." I nod.
"You stay here with Katniss and the girls and keep them safe okay?"
"Alright." He pats my back and we walk back into the room.
"I've got to go down to base so I'll be back later." Annie looks up at him.
"Oh, okay." He leans down and kisses her forehead.
"I love you."
"I love you too." They share a kiss then Finnick leaves.
I go and sit down with Katniss. "How are you feeling?" I kiss the top of her head.
"Better."
"Listen, Katniss, a lot is going on right now and I don't know when it's going to stop, so for the time being I think you should stay with your parents." Her eyes go wide.
"You don't want to take care of the girls do you? Is this what it's all about?"
"What? No, I want to take care of them with you but you and the girls need to be safe."
"We are safe, Peeta," she snaps.
"No, you aren't safe. Someone is after our family and they are threatening to kill you and me, so no, Katniss you aren't safe at all."
"If that's the case then I don't want to leave your side." She grips my hand tightly.
"I know you don't want to leave me, but I can't let this person hurt you again." I hold her hand tightly.
"Peeta, please just promise you'll get us through this." Tears threaten to escape her eyes and right as they fall I wipe them away.
"I won't let anyone hurt you or the girls. They'll have to get through me first."
The door bursts open, Finnick stands there out of breath and all sweaty.
"We tracked the message. We found a location."
"Where is it?" I stand up and walk towards him.
"North Carolina."
😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
‼️Important‼️I apologize for the shortness of this chapter. The next one will be longer (no promises because we all know I can't keep a promise when it comes to wattpad)
I'm sooooooooooo sorry for not updating more like I said I would. I ended up revising You Saved Me more and then yesterday was Christmas and the day before I was sick and also the day before the day I was sick I was also sick.
Wow. I might stick to a schedule but I'm not sure. Maybe on the weekends I'll revise You Saved Me. And on weekdays I'll write?
Comment what you think of that schedule please.
-Syd