Chapter 5

"Uncertainty and mystery are energies of life. Don't let them scare you unduly, for they keep boredom at bay and spark creativity." ~ R. I. Fitzhenry

Samantha's POV

"Okay, so I'll take everything you've both said and draw up a rough plan that we can work with. I think both your ideas are so good and it'll be the foundation for whatever I come up with. Also, I'd love to go to the house if possible. I need to see what I'll be working with," I told the couple seated across the table from me.

They were the living example of opposites do attract. Rachel was a beauty to behold. No exaggeration there. I didn't think red hair and green eyes were a good combination on anyone until I met Rachel. Her red hair looked like the sun had given it a bit of its colour and vibrance and her green eyes could see through you and into your soul if you stared into those orbs for too long. She had the warmest smile and I felt peace just from hugging her. Drew, on the other hand, had grown a lot. Not that he changed much but he had added a few tattoos and piercings since the last time I saw him. He was built like an Italian mafia lord. His muscles flexed when he folded his arms that I wondered just how many years it took him to get that body.

"Great!" Rachel beamed. "... And yes, we can go to the house. What day would you like to go?"

"Uhm... I don't know. I'm not working on anything else apart from this project unlike you guys. It would be better if you picked the day. I'm fine with whatever day it is."

"Oh true. I do have a lot of work this period," Drew hummed. "Weekend. How about Friday after work? We can drive down there."

"Works for me," I nodded.

"Cool. But... uhm... you'd have to pack a little bag. Ravel hill is about four hours from shadow creek. We'd be sleeping there Friday night. You can take a look around on Saturday and then we return Sunday morning." Drew added.

"Are you okay with that?" Rachel asked with a concerned look etched on her face.

"Oh. I had no idea. I don't mind anyway. I'd just run the plan by my mom and Gray and get back to you."

"I could talk to Wolfe if you want," Drew offered.

"Please I don't mind. Thank you." I knew he wouldn't object if Drew were to talk to him.

"Cool. I'll ask him after this," he said. "I guess that would be all for today's meeting?"

"Yeah," I smiled. "Thank you so much for trusting me with this. I promise to do a great job."

"I trust you will, honey," Rachel squeezed my hand from across the table.

Drew stood up from where we had the meeting and returned back to his work space. His office was chic and modern. All furniture was made out of black leather. He had a mini fridge in the corner, and on the wall above it was a family portrait. A small area had been transformed into a playpen with toys littered on the kids mat.

"... we already talked about this Drew. I have to meet up with the publisher tomorrow. You know this. You also know you have to watch the kids so I don't get where all of this is coming from. Geneva has her off day tomorrow so that is out. If you have any other alternative, I'd love to hear it," Rachel folded her arms on her chest as she stared at her husband.

"Javi?" Drew muttered.

"Are you being serious?" Rachel's mouth dropped open.

"Well, I don't know, babe. I really have something I have to take care of tomorrow."

"What is more important than Darren and Doris, huh? Tell me."

"Oh no! You don't get to play that card. Nothing is more important than our kids—"