Part 29

Hyunjin POV

I stood up and wore my shoes. I rushed downstairs.

"Where are you going?" my mom asked.

"To Yuri."

"Yuri? It's been years since you visited her."

"Yeah."

I got inside my car and started my engine. I drove towards Yuri's house as fast as I could.

*7 minutes later*

Finally, I'm here. I got off my car and knocked on their door. I thought Yuri would open it but her sister did.

"Hi Yuna! Uh.. Is Yuri here?"

"Woah Hyunjin it's been years. What brings you here?"

"Yuri. I need to see Yuri."

"Sorry but she already left. She's now at the airport."

"What?!!"

"Yeah, come in."

"No thanks. I'm going to the airport. Bye!"

I arrived at the airport 20 minutes later. I was looking around the surroundings. But I don't see her anywhere. 5 minutes have passed, I still haven't seen her. So I just sat down on a chair hoping I could find her.

*10 minutes later*

Suddenly a familiar scent passed by me. I looked at the person who just passed by, and it was Yuri. I stopped her from walking.

"Yuri..."

"Hyunjin??"

"Why are you here?" she asked.

"Because I want to see you for the last time."

"So do you want to us to be more than friends?" I added.

"What do you mean?"

"Didn't you got my email."

"I blocked you."

"What?! Why?"

"I told you, I want to move on. Start a new chapter."

"Now that you're here, I just wanna say I love you as a friend. Bye now. I'm just a stranger to you. And you're just a stranger to me. When you miss me, just imagine that we aren't best friends. Just a stranger. You don't have to forget me, just forget that we were friends."

"Yuri-ah wait! How can I forget that?! You're not a stranger. So please... I already said I'm sorry. Please, let's start over."

"No, I told you already. I'm tired of this push and pull friendship. Let's just take a break. Aren't you tired? Or not because you're the one who left and I'm the one who stayed. So now I'm gonna be the one who'll leave and you're gonna be the one who'll wait. Goodbye..."

"..."

Just like that she left. I couldn't say anything, I was speechless. I couldn't even say goodbye.