A/N - What's Happening to Mad City?

Okay, no more.

Forcing myself to write something without any inspiration whatsoever is probably the worst thing I could have done to myself.

I have mentioned this before, but to those who never caught it, Gotham, the TV show was my main inspiration for Mad City. I even took the title from Season 3 of the show. Season 5, the last season, ended quite some time ago. Ever since then, I've been struggling for inspiration.

Not just that, looking back on the writing, it was shit. Like, really, really shit. Hyla the self-insert was way too prominent a character (and was obviously a Mary Sue), everything was way too convenient for the main protags, I was trying to handle too many OCs at once.

I never really had a plan thought out (honestly, I never do in writing, so that wasn't really a main problem) and it's nearly been a year since I put that book on hiatus. Not to mention, my attempts to desperately find something as inspiration and to save the plot all ended in failure.

That is why Mad City, along with the OC book, is deleted.

This wasn't really a hard decision for me. I'd been contemplating it for a while now, and I'm now 100% percent sure I cannot, shall not and will not finish that story.

It is a habit of mine to delete stories that I feel are a failure or have no interest left in, and that is why Mad City has been deleted. Not to mention, having an abandoned story on my profile only seems to serve more as a painful reminder.

Looking back on it, writing the book had honestly been more of an impulse. I thought, 'Hey, this seems interesting!' and immediately wrote down whatever I thought would be cool, and published it. Wasn't that stupid.

But, simultaneously, I think that book was an important stepping stone for me. I tried, I realised, I failed, and I think that's okay. Sure, I feel immensely stupid and I regret everything, but it still was a fun little experiment. It just went wrong. Nothing in life is ever going to go the way you completely expect it to, and that philosophy applies to everyone.

I just wrote this up to explain why my profile will list me having 3 books instead of 5 now. I truly hope you're not too disappointed, if you had enjoyed my burning trash piece of writing.

Toodles,

Hyla