Vacation

A/n: This is my first time actually taking part in any sort of event, I've considered it so many times when I've seen them happening on Tumblr but I tend to struggle writing from prompts so I never do but I actually tried this time and it's not as hard as I thought. Some were definitely easier than others but I imagine that's the same for everyone so uh...enjoy I guess? Hopefully, I've somehow done these prompts justice :)

I am also conveniently uploading this after walking to the shop in the rain so...uh...yay summer?

And as a last note, I can not for the life of me think of an actual title so uhhhh

Despite having lived 18 years of his life, gaining various knowledge and life skills, there was one area which Ikuya had found Hiyori lacked in.

He was, in the nicest way possible, a disaster at packing for vacations. The sight that met Ikuya when he entered Hiyori's dorm had only served to amuse him greatly as he watched Hiyori stumbling over his words trying to apologise for the mess, surrounded by an ocean of clothes and toiletries with a couple of books thrown into the mix for good measure.

Luckily for Hiyori, who seemed to be getting more and more flustered by the minute, Ikuya was always there to help control the chaos. He made his way carefully across the room towards his boyfriend who stared up at him helplessly, glasses askew on his face and cheeks flushing as he crouched amidst the situation which he had claimed to be 'under control' in his last text message.

Ikuya held a hand out, pulling Hiyori to stand up and refusing to release his hand, tilting his head back slightly to look carefully at the brunet's face before clicking his tongue in feigned frustration.

"If you needed help packing you could have said so," Ikuya reached up to straighten Hiyori's glasses, his hands sliding down to hold his face for a moment before pulling a hand back to flick playfully at Hiyori's nose. "You can ask me if you need help," There was a deeper meaning behind the words and they both knew it, however, Ikuya wasn't going to push the subject if there truly wasn't anything wrong. Hiyori would surely come to him in his own time.

"Yeah," Hiyori responded, face flushing and reaching a hand up to rub awkwardly at the back of his neck, glancing around him at the utter mess that his dorm had become in his failed attempt at packing.

This would be their first vacation as a couple, although they were only going to stay at a small beach hut close to Iwatobi, Hiyori had wanted the entire thing to be perfect, and that involved not dragging up childhood memories which had begun to surface the more plans they made.

Only it was hard. Ikuya had gotten an awful lot better at reading him recently, ever since they had fought at the park and swam the relay together, they had both taken a serious look at their relationship, each recognising their own flaws and working on them, with Hiyori trying his best to be more open about his feelings and Ikuya trying to be more observant of his surroundings and of Hiyori.

And the more they worked on things, the harder it became for Hiyori to hide the parts of him he never wanted Ikuya to see.

"-I can tell there's something bothering you," Ikuya's voice interrupted Hiyori's train of thought and he snapped back to the situation at hand, noticing that Ikuya had started to neatly fold the clothes he had haphazardly sprawled across his bed whilst he had been zoned out.

"I know," Hiyori offered weakly, moving to follow Ikuya's lead whilst considering how he could ever approach the subject and allowing the silence to stretch out for a while longer.

With Ikuya's guidance, they began to sort through the mess that had become of Hiyori's dorm, folding clothes which needed to be packed and Hiyori quickly moving to hang up whatever was deemed unnecessary for a fairly short trip.