six

Auriella sat on the bleacher in a Liberty Baseball hoodie at the game. The boys were 10-7 it was the last inning. 

At the games, she usually sat up towards the front because she likes to see the games completely.

As Jeff was up to bat the umpire went out to talk to the coaches. Monty was at second and had a perfect view of Auriella on the bleachers. He looked over at her mesmerized.

She waved over at him smiling. It was like his heart melted in his chest. He was happy to see her there, to have someone at the game for him. Of course, he knew she was always there but today was different.

The umpire came out finally and yelled "Play Ball!" and the games resumed.  She was focused on the game again. Soon enough it was over. 

After school, she had gone home to change and shower. She had her hair still curled from earlier and just threw on some jeans and a cute top that was hidden under the Liberty hoodie she wore because the games could get breezy. 

She sat on a bench not far from the door to the boy's locker room. She sat on the further end, she didn't want anyone to ask any questions so she sat in plain sight in hopes of not being noticed. 

"Ready to go baby doll?" she heard from behind her.

"Hey, yeah I'm ready." She stood up smiling.

He stuck out his hand to her so she could hold it. She intertwined their fingers as he adjusted his duffle bag on the other shoulder. The walked over to his jeep and got in to drive to Rosie's.

"You look n-nice." he spoke looking over at her at a red light.

"Thank you, you too." she smiled at him.

They had an amazing time at Rosie's. The night consisted of her cracking jokes and being goofy, him pretending to get an attitude, and the two of them laughing together. It was so odd that such an angry boy like Monty would click like he did with Auriella. Maybe the goofiness and stubbornness evened everything out. 

After the date Monty drove her to a park where he would sleep sometimes when nobody was around to give him somewhere to stay.

They sat there for hours and just talked.

"You know we should probably get going, we have school tomorrow." she got out in between laughs 

"Oh shit, yeah come on." He got up offering her a hand and walking back to his car. 

As he pulled into her driveway she looked over at him.

"Do you uh, do you have a place to stay?" she asked him.

He hesitated at first but shook his head. His dad kicked him out again the other day so he had been obviously staying at Jeff's.

"Come in, my parents won't be home for another 2 days." she offered. 

He turned off his car and followed the small girl up the front steps and into the house.

"Welcome to Casa de Garcia" she spoke smiling and spinning around. "There's juice and food in the fridge if you get hungry tonight. Um I don't have any guy clothes but I can go to my brothers room and get you something if you want" she shrugged her shoulders as he followed her up the stairs to her room.

He looked up and down the hallway as he looked at old pictures of her and Aaron on the walls. 

Getting to her room he looked at her door and across the hall at Aaron's door. "Auriella Jade" hers read and "Aaron Carter" his read.