appendicitis (requested)

Every groan that fell from your lips broke Billie's heart even more than the last.

You've been in serious pain for the last forty minutes or so and it seems like it just gets worse every second.

Billie was doing everything she could to make it better but it didn't seem like much was helping you. She tried to bring you comfort by rubbing your back since your abdomen was too sore to touch. She tried to brush your hair away from your forehead but your skin was clammy and it just kept sticking to your sweat coated skin.

Billie could tell the pain was getting worse. Your groans kept getting louder and more intense. "Baby, we should take you to the hospital."

She expected you to fight with her on it considering you hate hospitals. But when you nodded your head she knew it was serious. She got up and reached for her shoes and keys before grabbing your shoes.

"I feel sick," you whimpered and clutched Billie's hand. "It's okay. We're gonna get to the hospital soon."

You groaned as she helped you stand up. Somehow you made it to the car but you had to stop along the way to lean against your very frightened girlfriend. Billie stroked your back and helped you into the backseat of the car where she figured you'd be more comfortable.

"It hurts so bad," you cried. Billie tugged her lip between her teeth, looking into the rearview mirror and when she noticed the tears streaming down your face she drove just a little faster.

It took only a few minutes to get to the hospital but with how much pain you were in it felt like hours. You held onto Billie as she helped you inside the hospital, holding onto your side as you doubled over, gasping from the intense pain. "Someone please help! My girlfriend needs help."

A nurse heard Billie yell out and rushed over to you. There weren't many people waiting so you got to go back right away.

You practically collapsed onto the bed, gripping the sheet in your hand so tightly that your knuckles were turning white.

"It's okay, y/n. I'm right here." Billie cooed. She could see the fear in your teary eyes and she was sure you could see the worry in hers, even though she was trying to hide it.

The doctor came in a moment later, a nurse following right behind him. He started to press on your stomach and when he touched the spot where the agonizing pain was coming from you squeezed Billie's hand tightly, letting out a loud groan as you threw your head back and squeezed your eyes shut.

"Definitely appendicitis." He noted and if Billie wasn't terrified before, she definitely was then when those two words rolled off of the doctor's lips.

"Y/n, I'm gonna have to take you to surgery now, okay? This is an emergency, a very dire situation, and we need to get it fixed now."

You looked over at your girlfriend in tears. The mention of surgery was enough to make you feel as though you'd have a panic attack. It was unexpected and scary.

"Hey, darling, look at me." Billie caressed your cheek, pulling you out of your anxious brain. "I know you're scared but just think about it this way: you're gonna feel so much better when it's over, and I'm gonna be right here waiting for you."

The doctor nodded his head when he caught your worried gaze. "It'll only take about an hour. So about two at the very most and your girlfriend is gonna be right by your side again."

You felt Billie's lips touch your forehead. A lingering kiss was made against your skin and only then did you feel more comfortable. "I love you. You're so brave. I know you can do it, I know you're gonna be just fine. I'll be right here when you open your eyes."

Your hand fell from hers as they started to wheel you down the hall, away from Billie.

As soon as you were out of sight and the nurse was leading her to the waiting room she started to lose her composure.

The night had been overwhelming. It was so much to take in. Everything had changed so quickly and even though she had put all of her trust into these doctors, she still couldn't help but worry about you.

She tried to be strong. She tried to convince herself that it was okay. But a tear or two made its way down her cheek as she remembered the sight of you in so much pain and in tears yourself.

A hand on her shoulder made her jump. She saw a nurse standing beside her with a small plastic cup of water in her hand. "Here, sweetheart."

Billie accepted the cup of water and slowly sipped on it.

"She's gonna be just fine. I know you love her lots and you're only worried about her, but I promise you that she's in very safe hands." The nurse assured her and gave her shoulder a squeeze before walking away.

Billie knew she was right and so, Billie managed to pass the time by watching the news on the tv.

And just an hour and a half later, she was right back by your side again. She held your hand and pressed tiny, soft kisses against your fingers until you opened your eyes.

She giggled a little at the tired sigh that fell from your lips. "Billie?"

"I'm here, baby girl. You doing okay? How do you feel?"

You brushed your other hand along your face. "Tired. A little nauseous... like someone cut me open." You joked.

You laughed together before she worriedly caressed your cheek. "But better than before?"

You nodded. "So much better."

"Good. I'm glad. The surgeon said it all went smoothly. You're a tough cookie, my girl." She kissed your forehead, watching as your eyes fluttered closed again. "I love you so much. I knew you'd be just fine. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you, Billie. I love you lots."

She brushed your hair back and watched as you drifted off to sleep. "Love you too."