Chapter 2

- Offering Her A Job -

-------

C H A P T E R     T W O

-------

The Same Night

Swara changed into the clothes Sanskar gave her and came down. Her hand trailed along the ailing as she stepped down on each stair slowly. Her eyes roamed around as she noticed the interiors of the big mansion. No doubt it was luxurious but it also had the element 'loneliness' around the four walls.

"Arey, Mem Sahab, Aap aagayi niche. Aayiye!" Swara flinched hearing a foreign voice. She looked infront of her and saw a lady in her early late twenties standing. From her attire which consisted of a dull saree and her messed up hairs, Swara realized she was a maid. Probably a talkative one!

"Where is Sanskar?" She asked slowly as the maid guided her to the dining table while smiling brightly.

"He is in his room, Mem Saheb. Aap shuru kijiye," The maid started serving her but Swara couldn't eat. He was a stranger and not even present here. She shouldn't even be present here at first place and there this woman expected her to eat? But what was her fault? She didn't even know who she was!

"Arey Mem Saheb, Kya baat hai?" The maid asked in her typical voice and Swara sighed nodding in no.

"Umm..You know who I am?" Swara asked slowly and the maid giggled surprising her.

"Vaise toh saheb bole ke dost ho but humko sab malum hai. Aap saheb ki mashuka hai na," Swara's eyes widen and she looked at her with wide eyes.

"Uhm Uhm, Sharmila, thodi sharam karo!" Sanskar fake coughed from behind. He cleared his throat and sat on the head chair. Swara looked down being embarrassed as hell while the maid, Sharmila, giggled.

"Sorry Sorry, Saheb. Itni sundar dost, toh thora shak hua," Sanskar rolled his eyes but still a small smile played on his lips. He gestured her to serve and she did immediately and left from there. Sanskar has strictly ordered her not to wait for him eat. He even asked her to sit on the dining table but she refused.

He broke a morsel and was about to put it in his mouth when his eyes fell on Swara who was staring at her plate.

"Swara, Eat." She looked up and nodded.

"Thankyou, Sanskar. For everything. For saving me, for the shelter, clothes, and now this food." Sanskar shooked his head and looked at his plate. He started eating silently and she followed. As she was chewing the food she realized he lives alone. There was no one in his home.

"Sanskar, Where is your family?" She noticed how he stopped eating for a second before tearing his gaze from the plate to her.

"My family died, five years ago in an accident." He replied shortly and she nodded with her normal expressions. No sympathy, no pity! He wondered what was so different about her.

"How?" She questioned being curious and he looked at her blankly.

"Sorry, if you feel offended," She apologized and he shooked his head.

"It is okay. I am over that incident. It is just that I didn't expect you to ask that," He chuckled at her expressions, "We were coming from a party. Our car hit the truck. I survived, my parents and younger brother couldn't!" He said remembering that time. In initial two years he felt like he was ruined but than he realized that he couldn't ruin his life like that and eventually he came out of that phase.

"It burns. The memories of your loved ones. You wish you get to spend those again but than it just remains a wish," her voice was a little lost as she remembered something.

"I know but that's how life is. You don't get what you always want. Instead it gives you what you deserve" He replied and continued eating. Dismissing the topic right there. She sighed and completed her dinner too.

"Swara, Where will you go tomorrow?" He asked as they climbed the stairs.

"Don't know. I will research for a place to live, a job to do and a peaceful environment to survive," He chuckled at her words and she smiled too.

"Stay here, work with me, you will get a place to live, a job to do and a peaceful environment to survive," He offered and she gasped.

"What do you mean!?" She asked angrily taking out another meaning of his words and he laughed out loud.

"Jeez! Woman! Always going on wrong track. I was saying work with me in the bakery. Do you know cooking? You can be a chef." He offered and she went red in her face due to the embarrassment. God! What was she thinking!? She was so stupid, making fool out of herself infront of him.

"Chill, The offer is on always. You can work with me," Sanskar smiled and she looked down, huffing a little.

"And yes, I will arrange a pair of clothes for you tomorrow morning," He said seriously. There were male servants at his mansion. He didn't want them to oogle at her. For now he gave them leave but he was sure she won't turn down his offer and there was no way he was going to let them oogle at her.

"Yes, Thank you. I will think about your offer." She smiled softly and walked in the room he gave her while he stood there staring at her disappearing figure.

She was different and he knew where it was heading. It was not even proper six hours they met and he was already losing his mind to her.

This was definitely going to be a long journey.

He smiled to himself before entering in his room which was beside her.

That night both Swara and Sanskar couldn't sleep. Swara, due to her past demons and Sanskar due to her thoughts. Unknowingly he was entering into her world which was nothing but filled with darkness.

To Be Continued.

I hope the curiosity is still there. We are heading to the end. Haha! Not so soon but definitely to the end.

However, This is not going to be a easy journey.

See you all soon
#SwasanDreams