MANUSCRIPT PART ONE

'COFFEE MILK'

Pollux Delos Reyes

Pollux Delos Reyes

[ Poh-looks ° De-los ° Re-yes ]

*

Lyssian Delos Reyes

[ Lee-see-ahn ° De-los ° Re-yes ]

when spoken casually: Lee-shan

Sunday

SUNNY FINCH'S FAVORITE SPOT TO WORK IS THE CAFE AROUND HARPER AND SEVENTH STREET CALLED COFFEE MILK IN THE MAIN PLAZA. The place is tightly packed into a squared room with two stories. The smell of steamed milk is hot; the grounds strong and wafting that it clings to hair and clothes. You keep them in between your fingers like evidences. As you sip morning tea, you can hear soft cartoonish jazz playing, softening with the low lighting. You can hear chatter from the patrons or from the local baristas themselves, the twins.

Pollux and Lyssian maintain the business just between them. Not even family were allowed to work. Or obtain freebies. 

Coffee Milk has always been the twins' domain.

Sunny Finch, short, pale and a green tea latte drinker, is as commonplace as the chair she sits by the door and the biggest mug waiting for the table every time the twins hear the familiar rumble of her mint blue Vespa bike.

Lyssian knows every regular's order by heart, and he especially knows that Sunny Finch likes her green tea latte not blazing hot, but merely warm. Warm enough that you can still whiff the perfumes when you dip your nose down the right way, as Sunny Finch likes to inhale her drink before sipping.

And today is no different; Sunny Finch enters the establishment with her helmet tucked in one arm and her bulging tote bag in the other, wearing parsley colored overalls and the most sunshine shirt to exist. A blinding, right happy, very yellow yellow shirt.