45. History On Repeat

The car ride was rather in complete silence, meaning Kang Soo Cheol wasn't anywhere near me, at least for now. My breath was stuck deeper and deeper inside my lungs the more I imagined what was happening to Jin or to the others. The blindfold was preventing my tears from streaming down as darkness securely surrounded my cowardice. I couldn't make any noise either with the cloth still tight in between my lips, and my wrists were firmly tied with ropes instead of a handcuff.

Surrounded by six men in a huge van, I was afraid to inhale in a single drop of their smell.

"I thought we already got her?" I started hearing whispers from upfront.

"This is another one."

So they really got 2016 me. 

"Can we-"

"Shut the fuck up. We have to wait for orders."

I gulped in fear as I seemed to understand the meaning behind those sentences.

Jimin, where are you?

After what felt like an eternity, I was dragged outside violently with a gun glued to my head. My legs were wobbling and I couldn't walk as fast as them. Metals clanging were heard after a short walk, but still no Jin in my auditory. 

I was led inside a place that stank like blood and moss. It sounded old and creepy enough to give me goosebumps all over my body. Door opening, door closing, pacing, gun clicking, I wish I heard more than just that. At this moment, I could only rely on my trembling hearing. 

Then, they forced me to stay inside somewhere before taking out the blindfold and the cloth in my mouth.

The light wasn't on, thus the surrounding area was too dark that my eyes hadn't gotten used to it. Those strange men walked away after warning me, "Don't bother to escape," leaving me behind in this deepest abyss.

The ground below felt like dirt so I didn't want to sit down just yet. Letting my eyes comfortably adapt to this new environment, I was petrified while the scene around me one by one being unfolded in my vision.

"Is it a prison cell..." I muttered as I tried to touch the steel bars that separated me from the outside world.

Should I call out someone for help? Was Jin near here? But if they let me speak freely, it meant that there shouldn't be anyone around...

Crying myself to nowhere, I squatted down and buried my face in between my knees. After a long while and when my legs began to feel numb, I heard the door sliding open and closing again. Thinking it might be someone, I quickly stood up and hid in the darkest corner of the cell. 

"Y/N, there you are."

As I expected -- Kang Soo Cheol. 

The dim white light in the hallway was turned on as my eyes squinted in annoyance. Kang Soo Cheol was standing outside the steel bars, smiling all sweet like candies at me. He was wearing a simple hoodie with torn black jeans, face twisting in pride.

Disgusting.

"No need to hide, Y/N." He smirked. "Oh wait, one more thing, you didn't tell me that we couldn't die in this timeline."

I stayed silent, not stepping out of the shadow.

"Then it's a benefit for me, for us." I almost vomited when he emphasized the word 'us.' "We're invincible, nobody can do anything to destroy us."

He continued. "I've missed you, Y/N, to the point that I had to kidnap your past self to distract that Park Jimin. Don't worry, I won't do anything to your past self. You know I love everything about you."