{I Promise}(Thriller)

~Narrator's POV~

It was a beautiful spring day. The sun was out and it was nicely wet and moist from the rain last night. Tanjiro was told to meet Kanao at the Butterfly Estate for an important mission. Since Zenitsu and Inosuke teamed up with each other, they joined in. Kanao, Tanjiro and the other two met and headed off to their trip to Mount Sakura. A demon was known to wander the rocky terrains of the mountain at night and hunt down the people that found themsleves hiking there and getting captured by the demon's traps.

They walked there since it was only a day far. Tanjiro was carrying a wooden box on his back where he kept his demon sister, Nezuko. Zenitsu could always hear her soft, sleepy breathing which made him smile everytime. She was a peaceful being and was so kind. Darkness fell, and they decided to rest for the night and continue their journey by morning. 

The four of them found a nearby abandoned cottage in the woods. They went inside and settled down to rest. Tanjiro set the box between him and Zenitsu. They all lie down and drift off to sleep. Zenitsu fell happily in his sleep while hearing Nezuko's cute snoring in the box. He smiled.

---(2:57 AM)---

The night was cold and silent. Crickets and frogs chirped. Zenitsu's good sense of hearing woke him up as he heard a slow, silent creak of a wooden door. Immediatelly, he thought someone walked into the cottage, or even a demon. He  stops from his fighting position from about to grabbing his sword and calmed down a bit to realise it was just Nezuko who was crawling out of her box.

Then he realised again.. Nezuko! He got excited to see her and he began to stutter in his words. "N-n-Nezuko~Channn! Your awake." He said smiling and blushing. Nezuko made a few noises like "Mm." "Hmph." "Hmm." as response to Zenitsu since she couldn't say anything through her muzzle.

He smiled at Nezuko and kneeled down in front of her to pat her head gently. "I guess you got jet lag since you always sleep in that box during day, huh?" Zenitsu comforted Nezuko. His pats made her feel sleepy and she fell on Zenitsu's lap and started to close her eyes, tired. Zenitsu chuckled a bit, "Or not." He slowly picks her up and placed her in the box and closed it. 

He snuggled up next to it and began dreaming of Nezuko. It was only the second time he could get to see Nezuko.

---(7:45 AM)---

Everyone woke up and headed off again. They finally arrive at the foot of Mount Sakura about an hour later. The area was full of cherry blossom trees, it was very pretty. Ahead, higher into the moutain, there were more greeny trees. Tanjiro's head poked up and his nose twitched a bit. 

"I smell a demon." he says. "It must be the one we're looking for." Everyone nodded as he lead the way to where he smelt the scent. It eventually got them to a cave. Tanjiro warned everyone that the demon smelled strong and powerful as they went in. The ceiling of the cave had tons of rocks that seemed like could fall any second.

________________________________________________________________________________

Narrator notes:

Hey! Just wanted to let you know that this is only a short thriller of the story. I plan on making more parts later in the future. I'm still busy with other things but I hope you enjoy!