Chapter 34 | accidentally without logic

Overwhelmed, my lips tilted a little at his words and my worried glare shot straight to his blue eyes which faded into shades of dark blue as he held my stare in his.

Were we going back to Brussels?

A chill ran down my spine, prompting me to stay still and my lips hardened on instinct at the flickering nature of my tongue.

If we were going back to Brussels, then the fear of being caught up in this game between Dwain and Elizabeth would be relieved from my chest.

Elizabeth had mentioned a switch between the both of us, once the honeymoon was over, not only that; the truth as to why Elizabeth looked identical to me, but Megan didn't, could be obtained from my parent's mouths or Elizabeth's Grandma's.

"Stop staring at me, Lisa." Dwain made a throat noise and slid his mobile phone into one of his pockets. With a swift parting of lips, he tucked his hands into the front pockets of his pants, followed by a sudden release of breath. "It's very shameful."

I straddled out of my trend of thoughts, not so satisfied with his far-fetched courtesy of calling my attention to his face, after all, it was him to blame for haven brought this messed up situation to himself.

Then, like it wasn't enough, he mentioned, a change of plans, ' leaving me to guess what it was all about.

I snapped my fingers together, making sure Dwain took note of the irritation in my tune. "Wait, is Mr. Horton irritated by an innocent stare?"

How did he want me to react?

Crawl on my knees and lick his toes in other for him to hint to me about his sudden change of plans?

if so, then, he got it all wrong.

Getting used to a bunch of humans who spent their time ignoring their least favorite kid, it was obvious that I was immune to conflicting comments like; being called shameful.

"Should thy Majesty be reminded of the fact that I'm still waiting on the magical spell needed to reveal this, 'change of plans, ' of his?"

Smoothing my shoulders, I trusted my chin to match his height, but damn, he towered over me like a god, not even my highest heel would have matched his height.

His brows furrowed into a frown as he assessed my feminine features.

Dwain's parted lips closed on instinct and pleated into a thin line, descending into multiple layers of silence.

The silence which my fingers itched to pinch, layer by layer, and pull out his thoughts, for he didn't mention what this change of plan was about.

"Have you tongue your tongue? " I teased, a smile ghosting on my lips.

It was a refined pleasure to get Dwain on his nerves these past days, stealing every bit of his comfort and hitting the guy hard with his arrogance.

It was a pity to watch him stare in silence and let his pride rest at the bottom of his chest.

I began to think of my efforts as a vain trial to crack through his heart of stone. "Is Daddy being silent?"

"Elisabeth, " he thundered, his lips twitching up and molding his darkening facial expression.

His eyes of steel not giving my little figure a break, "Don't play with me, but if brave enough, My Lady should venture. Daddy, won't mind making her regret it."

Dwain's flirtatious lip suck didn't fade unnoticed.

Taking one step back, I couldn't flush his raspy and thick Belgian accent from my mind.