0.

When I was young I saved a witch from drowning.

There are elemental witches that have varying weaknesses. Earth and air can get along but mix earth and fire and the two sides split. Air and water seemed similar, but they were sometimes too similar. And of course, fire and water. The two most contrasting opposites.

The fire Witch had had a cruel trick played on her. She had been manipulated into falling into the water that day.

I did not know the details, and she never did bother to tell me.

I only knew that she held a great wisdom and a vast source of knowledge. That maybe, the reason for why they had attacked her was out of fear, and jealousy. She seemed worn thin. As if these were not rare occurrences and that her life in that moment of irrational thinking when I had jumped in- meant nothing then. She had once been a creature of great pride and power, but there was a day when I wondered if she really would have been upset if I had never come along.

She thanked me.

And then she looked into my eyes and read my future.

Was it the drops of the water, falling from her face, or actual tears that she shed? I never would know. But she took my hand. She took it and told me she would give me the one thing that I would want most in this world.

Holding my hand in her own, she traced her finger on my wrist, creating on it a thin black line.

"With this, you can cross all barriers. Nothing will be able to hold you back."

That was the first and last time I ever saw the witch.

I had saved her that day. But without even knowing it, she had also saved me.