1

|KAYLA PHILLIPS|

“Let’s go Kay, you’re getting your Chemo today” My mom yelled.

“Okay, I am almost done” I said.

Hey wassup, my name is Kayla Phillips and I am 18 years old and about to turn 19 on September 3, and I have cancer. Yes I said it, I was diagnosed with cancer when I was 16 years old and I am still fighting it. Sometimes I have my days when I feel like shit and some days I feel good, I am still going to school but I can’t go that much because of my chemo and stuff. Its hard but my mom wants me to be educated so I wasn’t complaining, I had to stop doing the things I love which is hanging out with friends and modeling. That is what I always wanted to do is model because I have the look for it and everything until it happen.

“You look beautiful today Kayla” My mom said as I smiled.

“Don’t I always” I said as she rolled her eyes and laugh.

Even though I am sick I still want to feel beautiful and that is what I am going to do because I am a strong person and is always happy.

“Where’s dad?” I asked looking for him.

“Hes still on his business trip” My mom said.

“Oh” I said lowly.

Times like this I want to be around my dad, but ever since I was diagnosed with cancer he's never home and always on these long business trip. I don’t want to think the worst things he is probably doing right now so I decided to go against it

“It will be alright sweetie, just give him a call” My mom told me to do.

“I always call but he never will pick up” I said.

“Well I will try to reach him and I will tell him to call you alright?” My mom said as I nodded.

I think my mom knows that hes cheating because he would never check up on me, or even call my mom to see if shes alright. He will be gone for 2 or 3 months, and come back for a week and then leave again but I think my mom doesn’t want to stress over it because she is already taking care of me as it is so I know its hard on her not having the person she loves by her side.

“Are you done eating?” She asked as I nodded.

“Ok lets get on the road” She added as I got my things.

I was in the passengers sit as I put my beats solo headphones on and just listening to my music, I always listen to August Alsina he is my everything to me.

Nobody knows what I go through

Wish you could put yourself inside my shoes

You got friends that ain't friends no more