Chapter 2: Hospital and a Movie

Brittany's POV:

Santana and I are sitting in the waiting room after a really long car ride. Honestly, I wish it would have lasted longer. I learned a lot about Santana. She's an only child, she loves to sing, but she says she's not very good. (I bet she's amazing) she's from Puerto Rico, she moved here when she was very young. She goes to William McKinley highschool, she's a Cheerio and even tho she thinks she can't sing, she's in glee club. I asked her to sing for me but she refused. One day I thought to myself.

"Santana Lopez?" I was ripped out of my thoughts by a nurse calling Santana's name. We both stand and go with the nurse to an exam room. "The doctor will be with you shortly." I nod and she walks out.

"So what about you?" She asks

"Huh?"

"I told you about me. What about you?" She smiles.

"Oh well, I have an older sister. Her name is Jessica, I've lived in Lima all of my life, I go to Caramel high. I'm in the glee club there. Honestly I hate Caramel high. I love to dance it's my passion. I think I'm an okay singer and.... Oh! And I have a cat named Lord Tubbington." I smile as I finish.

She just looks at me in awe. "Can I see you dance some time? And maybe sing?" She adds with a smile filled with hope.

I couldn't help but agree. "Ok ok! One day." She squealed in happiness

And with that the doctor came in.

30 min later he tells us it's almost a third degree burn so he prescribes her Sylvadine (sill-va-deen) a burn cream, amoxicillin so it won't get infected, and vicodin for pain. We went to pick up the prescriptions and once they were ready I took Santana back to my house.

"Really Britt. I can just go home." Santana suggested, but all I can think of is the fact that she called me Britt.

"Uh.. no, it's fine. I'll drive you home later." I smiled again. "Now come here and let me help you put this cream on. Also you need to eat something then take your amoxicillin and vicodin."

"O-okay.." She stuttered. I thought it was adorable. I make her a sandwhich and she eats it within 5 minutes. I then give her her medicine.

"Okay, this may sting a bit, but it'll feel good soon. I promise." I say as I prepare the cream.

She takes a deep breath and I take her hand gently in mine. And begin to put the cream on. I see her face twist in discomfort. And I see tears form.

"Hey hey hey.." I say gently. "Don't look at the burn. Look at me." I say as I tilt her chin up so I can look into those brown orbs. "Good." I can see her calming down. I finish up and she's still looking at me.

Santana's POV:

"All done" I hear her quietly say. But I keep looking into her eyes they're so perfect I feel like I'm swimmi- no Santana. You don't like girls. You're straight.

"Thank you." I say quietly.

"Come on. Let's watch a movie." I nod at her and we go up to her room with a big flat screen in it.

"City of Bones?" Brittany suggests.

I've already seen it but I smile and nod.

Brittany's POV:

I put the movie in and turn off all of the lights so it's like we're in a real theater. I lay next to Santana on the bed. But not too close. We're about 8 min into the movie when I feel the bed shift and Santana is moving closer. She lays her head on my chest.  I look down surprised.

"Don't worry, I don't bite. I was just a little uncomfortable." She says smiling.

"Okay." I simply say. And I put my arms around her and I feel her nuzzle closer as I intertwine our legs. This is the most comfortable position in the world.

About half way through the movie I notice Santana has fallen asleep. I try to get up so I can cover her up but she holds into my shirt and whispers "stay"

I lay back and turn off the television with the remote and slowly drift off into bliss.

I wake up and look at the clock. It's 5am. But it's Saturday so I decide to go back to sleep. Before I can I look at my chest to see a sleeping Santana. She looks so peaceful. I just sit and watch her sleep for a bit until I decide to do something risky. I lightly brush some of her beautiful raven hair back behind her ear. I whisper to her sleeping form "I know we just met yesterday, but I think you are the most beautiful girl in this whole world. I didn't tell you this yesterday cause I didn't want to lose you as a friend. But I'm gay. I hope you don't hate me for that. I'll tell you one day. When you're awake. But I kinda... umm. I kinda like you. So if there is any part of you that can hear me, please tell me if you're gay or not. I felt like we had a connection. But I can't be too sure. Sleep tight Santana." I sighed as I finished my confession. And I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. Little did Brittany know, Santana was an extremely light sleeper.

Santana's POV:

I was awake. From the moment she brushed my hair aside. I heard every beautiful word come out of her mouth.

Of course I don't care if she's gay. She's been amazing to me. All of the sudden remember my hand and it starts to hurt like hell. "Dammit!" I whispered loudly but that got Brittany's attention.

"What? What's the matter?" She asks worriedly

"My hand really hurts" I gasp. Brittany Bolts up and runs downstairs. She comes back up with a wet washcloth, my burn cream, more bandages and pain meds with water.  God, she's amazing. I don't try to stop these thoughts anymore. I'm kinda into Brittany and I can't deny it anymore. She takes off my old bandages and cleans off the old cream while I take my meds. God this hurts. Britt must have noticed because she took my other hand, looks at me and smiles.

"Just look at me." She states calmly. I obey and immediately calm down. She finishes taking off the old cream and says she wants to let it breath while I wait for the pain killers to kick in. She goes downstairs and 15min later she comes back up with bacon and eggs. And my amoxicillin.

"Here." She says handing me my food. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yes I am, but Britt, you have done enough. You don't need to make me breakfast."

"I know. I wanted to." She smiles shyly. She comes to sit across from me and takes a piece of bacon from my plate and eats it. I just smile. Once we finished eating (I shared) I took my amoxicillin, and she took my hand in hers once again, giving me tingles where she touches. She starts to put the cream on. It doesn't hurt. I'm looking at Brittany while she concentrates. She gets this crease in her forehead when she's focusing. It's adorable. She starts to wrap up my hand more bandages. "All done." She says. I'm still staring.

"What?"

I'm gonna tell her.

"I.. I was.." I start

"What Santana?" She asks concerned

"I was awake this morning... when you were talking.." I say. She just stares at me in shock.

"I wanted you to know that I don't care about sexuality. Especially with you. I care about the person and you have done nothing but treat me well since I met you. And to answer your question. I thought I was straight up until recently. Now I'm not so sure.."

She just smiles and looks me in the eyes. "Thank you." She says with tears in her eyes. I get up and hug her. I felt so safe here. I could stay here forever..

"Ok." She says pulling away. And I immediately miss the contact. "Let's go watch tv!" I smiled and followed her downstairs. I cuddled up next to her while we watch Heroes I look at my phone and see 14 missed calls from mom. Shit. I excuse myself and go call her to explain everything. After a few more minutes of her making sure I was okay I hung up and snuggled up to Britt, to which she put her arms around me. I haven't felt this happy in a LONG time.