Would you come with me to New York ?

It had been a month since Jane Adler and Sam Carmichael had started dating. They had gone on numerous dates and had spent whole days in each others arms. Both couldn't deny they were head over heels for each other. They still hadn't said those 3 words but both felt no doubt about it.

"Jane could I come over to your house later, I need to ask you something?" Jane got kinda scared when she received this message. They had been doing so well, and felt extremely happy.

She replied and put her phone down with a frown. "Boss are you alright.?"

"Yeah...Just have some things on mind. What's up?"

"Your ex-husband is outside, He wants to meet with you."

"Ughh...Tell him I'll be there." Jake had been around more than ever. She assumes it was about her relationship. Jane's children had already met Sam and they had loved him. She assumed they had told their dad and she was right.

"Janey, good to see you." Jake was sitting on a table close to the entrance. He got up as she approached the table and moved a chair back for her. She frowned at the gesture,he had never,ever, been this kind throughout their marriage.

"Jake, What can I help you with ?" She asked trying to sound uninterested.

"Hey, warm up a bit. "

"Sorry, It's just that I really have some other stuff to do that are more important."

"Well my wife's birthday is in 3 days so I wanted to order a cake."

"There is like 6 other bakeries around the area, Why did you come to me ?"

"Agnes just really loves your cakes."

"Yeah. Well Reynaldo can help you with that. I gotta go." Jane started to get up when Jake grabbed her hand and pulled back down.

"Janey, You could at least try and pretend like you can be near me without being jealous."

"Jealous?" Jane gave him an offended look before snatching her hand from his arm.

"Your new relationship is obviously not working out like you wanted it to and you just can't help but feel jealous from me and my wife." Jake said with smirk.

"First of all, I am very happy with my boyfriend. And second of all I didn't get together with him by hurting someone else. You know what, you and your wife can go to hell." Jane quickly got up and walked back to her office.
...

Jane had left the bakery just after her encounter with Jake. She assumed that Sam would be around her house later in the night, meaning she had time to cook dinner and maybe take a shower.

But before she had to let her anger out with someone. She took a turn in her normal drive towards Trisha's house. As soon as she got there she rushed out of the car and knocked on her door.

"I'm coming, Jeez." She heard Trisha yell before getting to the door." Janey, what are you doing here.?"

"I just needed to talk to you about something" Jane stepped in side her house and hugged her. "Can we sit ?" Trisha noticed her tone and nodded almost immediately not wanting to mess with her.

"What's wrong. Why are you mad ?" Trisha followed Jane to the sofa slowly settling herself next to Jane.

"Because Jake decided to come around and ask me to bake a cake for his wife. Apparently she's a fan. And when I told him that Reynaldo could do that and started to get up. He pulled me back down again and told me I was jealous."

"Of what ?"

"Of his marriage. He told me that he knew my relationship with Sam wasn't going like I wished and that I was jealous of him." Jane finished finally sitting back and relieved someone had heard her.