Chapter 20

(dedicated to mikkel, for coming up with the idea of expanded visions!)

This meeting would never end. I was convinced of it. Five hours in it felt like we were working out literally every note of the score. Yesterday we had gone over several hours of material too. I needed caffeine.

Make sure Clay takes you to get food after. Ryan told me.

Mmmk.

"Holly, we love it. You're really outdoing yourself on this one." The producer told me. I smiled widely.

"We have one more request of you. It'll be the last thing for this project." I could tell the meeting was finally wrapping up.

"Holly, we want you to compose the main theme for this movie." My jaw dropped open.

"Me? What? I thought Clay was doing it!?" The producer shook his head.

"We told you that so that we could see how you work without feeling incentive or pressure." My mouth wouldn't close.

"Really? Are you serious?" The producer's smile grew wider.

"Yes Holly. We love what you've done so far, and we think you'll be able to set the mood for this movie." I glanced over at Clay and he was grinning at me.

"Thank you!" I wanted to hug the producer. This was such a great opportunity! Instead I settled for hugging Clay. Everyone laughed at my excitement.

"Just finish it by New Years." He instructed. My smile didn't fade. I could do that in two months. I would have Clay critique it too.

"I think we're done here. Thanks for taking the time to come and meet for so long Holly. By the way, I heard you're the new Luna of the Western US. Congrats!" The producer smiled at me. I was surprised that even humans were hearing about it now.

"Clay, just finish up that last piece and we should be good to go. I'm so glad I chose you guys." We all stood up from the table and I was surprised by the producer pulling us in for a group hug.

"I'll see you guys for one last meeting at the beginning of January." We shook his hand and then left the conference room.

"Congrats Holly. Did you tell Ryan?" He grimaced slightly. Ryan and Clay still didn't seem to like each other much. Would they ever?

"I'd rather tell him in person. I'm hungry. I need caffeine. Can we go get some food?" I begged. Clay chuckled.

"Yeah, let's go to my favorite local cafe. It's actually pretty close to the pack house. We have to celebrate your new achievement!" We walked out the doors of the studio building and went to Clay's car. Some kind of Range Rover. I don't know much about cars.

I hopped in as Clay started the car.

"How far is it from here?" I asked.

"Only about ten minutes." I sighed in relief. I really was getting hungry.

We sat in silence for a few moments.

"I want to meet Laura as soon as possible." He stated. I smiled over at him.

"I'm sure that can be arranged. I'm sure Ryan would be more than happy to."

"Yeah, to keep me away from you." He turned to me and stuck out his tongue and then stared back at the road.

"Something like that." I agreed. I just wanted Clay to be happy.

"Here it is." He pulled into the parking lot of a ma and pa type dinner right against the forest. It looked cozy, and I got the impression that they made good food.