Blankets

The night was quiet, the only noises I could detect was the soft sound of Armin's gentle inhale and exhale, and the sound of the refrigerator in the kitchen.
Suddenly my peacefulness was disturbed as Armin shifted quickly to the other side of the bed taking the warm covers with him. I winced as cold air hit my chest, sighing audibly I tugged at the covers which were clutched in Armin's little hands.

He exhaled in his sleep loudly before cuddling into the blanket. I tugged harder and harder. His fingers just gripped harder into the soft fabric.
I pulled until I was sure he was freaking superman with inhuman strength as I pulled harshly with all my muscle.
Suddenly he let go. I went tumbling back and hit the floor harshly.

"Eren?" I heard his sweet voice whisper sleepily, I laid on the ground a moment before standing up.
"Sorry I just fell" I whispered into the darkness back to him. I heard him giggle a little. I laid back down and curled up with him, I finally had covers and warmth I thought.

Moments later I felt him shifting away from me. I sighed annoyedly, sitting up I looked at him.
He had the covers clutched in his arms like it was keeping him alive. I crawled over to him and yanked the blanket free. His blue eyes opened slowly and confusedly.
"Eren....give me the covers" He mumbled, I said nothing. I threw the blanket across the room and wrapped my arms around him.

"I'll be your blanket" I whispered jokingly. I heard a little chuckle as he released the tenseness he had in his shoulders and settled into my arms.

As we fell asleep in the peaceful silence.