Chapter 7 - Social Media

I looked at request section of my profile in Instagram and Facebook. There were no requests from his profile. If he had any love interest for me he would have definitely contacted me. Seems like it is one side love after all.

I sighed and looked for his profile in Instagram, it was a private account. But I can say he is active in Instagram by the number of posts increasing every week.

"What are you looking at?" Adarsh peeped in.

On seeing Adi profile he asked, "He is still using Instagram? I thought he deleted it."

"Why should he delete it? Today also he posted one new post." I showed him the count.

"I couldn't see his profile. Few weeks back I gave him request in Instagram. Later when I checked I found his profile missing. See even now I can't find his profile." He showed me his search feed where he typed Adi's instagram ID.

I frowned looking at the screen. Why for him it is not showing?

"Only possibility is, he might have blocked me. What did I do that would have made him to block me in insta?" he frowned.

*****

College management conducted Graduation for final year's students on one Sunday in the college auditorium. I sneaked out of the college hostel and looked for the Biotech students' graduation ceremony. But Adi didn't attend the ceremony.

Since I didn't get any response from him, I tried to move on and concentrate on my studies.

But now and then I used to look out through the window unconsciously during class hours and look for him. One side or double, it is still love right?

Third year passed like that and then came the placement training. I attended the placement training even though I wasn't keen on getting placed in campus interview, as I planned to do internship in microbiology institute and then get placed in the same institute.

"A train running at the speed of 80 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. What is the length of the train? Do I look like railway master? What are they going to do with this answer? Anyways they are going to ask me to code in IT companies then why to ask this aptitude question and fry my brain!" Adarsh looked frustrated while preparing for aptitude exams.

I glared at him. "Answer the question then only you will get job." I muttered at him.

He was keen on getting placed in some company. As he expected, Aishwarya got seat for Masters. So he wanted to get placed in some company then propose her. When she completes her studies, he will be working in some company.

Adarsh doesn't know that I proposed Adi. He forgot to ask me and later he thought that I backed out like he did.

****

7th semester got over and 8th semester started. Since we have 2 subjects in this semester, our course is planned to complete by Jan first week and rest of the semester we will be working on project. So I applied in IIT Madras to do project and got selected.

Adarsh also got placed in some IT company last week and he immediately contacted Aishwarya and proposed her, first she was hesitating thinking about her parents, later she also agreed. Maybe she also had crush on him. Now 24/7 he is on call with her.

"Give me an eraser, Aaru." Renu asked as she was drawing something on a paper.

I gave her my pouch.

"You still didn't open this eraser?" she said, and I heard some plastic sound to which I froze.

"No no use the old one." I said and immediately took the eraser from her.

I never opened the eraser Adi gave me. It was fully covered and by the look I know it was new eraser so I kept as it is in my pouch.

When I was about to keep it inside I saw a small opening, suddenly I got an instinct to open the cover and I did.

As soon as the plastic cover got removed, the paper cover, covering the eraser became loose. As there was a cut in one of the edges. I remembered the exam hall incident.

Oh my god!!! Was Adi trying to tell me something?

I opened the paper cover and saw some writings on both Eraser and on cover.

Damn me!!! Why the hell didn't I see this before???

On the four long sides of eraser he had drew 'I', 'heart' symbol, 'U', 'Aaru' on each sides.

I gasped at the writing.

Adi was in love with me!!!

Suddenly I felt light as happiness swept into me.

I looked at the eraser cover and saw that he had mentioned his Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp number on each of the sides and in the last side he had asked me to ping him in any one of his social media account if I am also interested in him.

I blushed hard. Adi also likes me. I pinched my hand to confirm that I am not dreaming.

But, something is wrong. If he liked me then why didn't he reach out to me when I proposed him? Didn't he get my message on the petri dish plate?

****

"Did you really propose him on petri-dish?" Adarsh asked me.

I nodded my head looking at the eraser and its cover placed on the class bench.

"If he had seen that then he would have definitely contacted you or sent you a request. But why didn't he send you any request?" he asked

"You gave to him and asked to keep with him for 2-3 days. Surely he would have seen the result. Wait what if those bacteria didn't grow on the medium he used." He wondered.

"No I tried it myself again after coming to third year. Even I thought same so I used the same medium he used and tried, the bacteria culture was formed." I explained.

"What if you washed your hands thoroughly!" Adarsh exclaimed.

I gasped. A possible scenario.

I thought for a while,"It was after lunch so I would have washed my hands with soap. But wait, I would have touched some wall or bench so I am sure bacteria would have grown on the medium."

"Fine. Then bacteria should have grown on the medium. Wait, you said he gave this eraser at the bus stop. He would have known that you are leaving for your hometown, didn't he ask you about the petri-dish you gave him." He asked.

"Yeah, he asked me about that. I was prepared for that, so I bluffed something that came."

"What did you say?" he asked eagerly.

I tried to recollect what I said, "I think I said, either Kaviya or Adarsh will collect the petri-dish."

"What?" he looked shocked.

"I said, Kaviya or Adar..." I gasped thinking what I had blurred out and what Adi would have thought.

"I think now I know why Adi blocked me Aaru." And I nodded my head. Why the hell I mentioned Adarsh will collect petri-dish from him???

*************************

Hi Guys!!! I know this is short, but wanted to split this scene from epilogue. So this is like filler. I know I am late by two weeks. Sorry I was busily reading a novel that caught my attention so I didn't come to Wattpad for past two weeks. Really sorry. *shows puppy dog eyes* Thanks for waiting patiently.

Will update the epilogue soon! I guess that will be long but not sure. Thinking how creative to write that scene. But not getting proper words and proper scene.