Chapter 8

Here, I have made executive decision that Seek and Jon are friends. If you have any complaints, leave them in the comments, but they will change nothing.

Thank you for your time

Jon's POV

I hummed, watching as Mario exited, that scholar person, Xylo I do believe his name was, having wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

Well let's see, what to do?

Bryan might be thinking of his new boyfriend or even spending time with him. So he's probably quite busy~

Mario somehow got a date. It may forever be a mystery as to exactly how he got said date but, oh well.

Who does that leave?

I closed my eyes, running through the list.

Princess Bri... but her fiancé is here. So that's a Nope.

There's that Yuki lady. But I'm not to sure I fully trust her. I mean not till I'm sure what the secret she's hiding is.

I could actually get some me time.

I opened my eyes, looking around, and smiling, I darted back into my room, quickly grabbing an already packed bag. After that, I made my towards the library.

"Howdy do! Is there a spare room I could may-haps use?" I whisper-shouted, as I made my way towards the librarian's desk. The librarian on duty, an older woman, who was nonetheless very strong looking, looked up and nodded, gesturing over to a side room. I squinted at it, the door looked sturdy enough for my project. And there were no cracks in the door either, so no one would see the light, or anything else about my project.

"If it's a mess in there when you leave, I'll have to report it to the queen, elf." She said, handing me the keys. I nodded at her.

"But of course, fair lady." I did an overdramatized bow to her, pleased to hear her snicker. "Much obliged." I added, snatching up the keys.

She smiled a at me. "You're quite polite and charming, you know, for an elf." She said, looking back at her book.

For an elf. Because apparently we can't be anything else but wild savages. I thought bitterly, barely holding back a hateful glare to the nice and racist librarian. I turned on my heel and marched over to the room.

As I entered the room, I saw it was rather small.

No matter. It's more than enough for what I'm planning. I thought happily, shaking my head, the bells on my hat, the same hat that covered most of my head, including my ears, jingled cheerfully, but mostly painfully.

I started pulling my materials out of my bag. Some metal plates, some wires, some glass, and some 'redstone', rare dust that could conducted currents of energy.

"Let's see if this works." I hummed to myself, and set to work. Forgetting to lock the door behind me.

Connecting wires, carefully placing the glass in a certain fashion, even more delicately utilizing the redstone, I lost track of time. I'm honestly really not sure how long I was working.

Everything was going fine until...

"Hey! What are you doing?" I jumped, nearly ruining the entire project. I caught myself, and the small block of redstone I'd accidentally knocked over.

Turning around I spotted the one responsible for the near calamity. A small boy, probably 10 years old. From MoonRidge I think. The clothes he was wearing were a slightly duller color than the ones he'd been wearing at the welcome ceremony, but it was a much similar in the style. The clothes looked much less thick.