6

"Be careful of the..." Zayn waited like a worried little mother hen as his unlikely child avoided the multiform collection of dirty boots, trainers which always seemed to breed in the back porch. "Dad!" he yelled, leading the injured man into the rustic surroundings of the kitchen. 

If Harry hadn't been clutching on his arm, he would have clutched his head- the girl's piercing tone had increased the throb in his head to the point where he found it difficult to focus.

Zayn's two sisters were already in the kitchen, and his yell brought Yaser back in a matter of seconds.

"Good God, what's happened?" his father gasped, staring in horror at the blood smeared all over his jacket.

"Don't worry, it's not mine," Zayn assured him.

The stranger swayed gently; it was a development that alarmed Zayn. "It's his," he explained, placing a supporting hand beneath the tall man's elbow. "Part of that oak tree next door fell through the roof of the summer-house." 

Harry bided his time, waiting for the tidal waves of nausea to pass.

"I've been telling the new owner's agent since the summer, that thing was dangerous!" Yaser exclaimed. "Are you sure you're alright, Zayn?" His father inspected the worried face. "Hurt anywhere?"

"I'm fine." Zayn unwrapped the looped scarf from around his neck.

"And you, Mr...?"

The dazed-looking stranger with blood running down the side of the face closed his eyes and leaned heavily against the wall. An anxious Yaser looked to Zayn to supply the information.

His shoulders lifted. "Don't ask me- I've no idea who he is."

"How come you were in a summer-house with a guy you don't know?" Doniya wondered, regarding the stranger with a suspicious light in her hostile eyes. 

"I wasn't in the summer-house; I was outside." Zayn kept his impatience in check- Doniya always chose all the wrong moments to play protective big sister; she was the most inconsistent person Zayn knew.

"Doing what?" Doniya persisted.

Zayn rolled his eyes in exasperation before returning his attention to the injured man beside him. "You should sit down," he said softly.

"Give me a minute," the stranger responded tersely, resisting Zayn's efforts to point him in the right direction. Zayn was a strong man but he knew right away that moving this man against his will was beyond his capabilities.

"Daniaal, Safaa, could you give me a hand?" he called to his younger siblings.

The twins shook their heads in unison.

"We'd like to, but..." Daniaal began.

"There's blood..." Safaa completed with a shudder of disgust.

Zayn, in no mood on this occasion to see the amusing side of a pair of strapping, beefy specimens who came over 'funny' at the sight of blood, gave a snort.

"You're hopeless, the pair of you!"

"Wimps," Safaa agreed cheerfully.

Daniaal nodded his agreement. "Maybe he's one of those contractors working on the Hall."

"Nah! They've all gone home for the holiday," his twin pointed out. "Besides, does he look like a builder to you? He's obviously loaded."

Zayn was inclined to agree with Safaa, but he couldn't help but reflect that the injured stranger looked more physically capable of the odd bit of manual labour. His mind drifted back to the way the hard, muscular contours of his torso and broad chest had felt- with a muffled snort of dismay he brought his reflections to an abrupt halt mid-drool.

The tiny sound drew Yaser's concerned attention.

Zayn flushed uncomfortably, shook his head and silently mouthed 'I'm fine', which he was, if you discounted the fact that he was sleazing over a total stranger who was bleeding on their kitchen floor. He grabbed a clean towel from the dresser drawer to stem the flow.

"Maybe he'd the bloke that bought the place," Zayn heard Daniaal suggest.

~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:

Thank u so much for reading, babes! <333

Please VOTE and COMMENT! :)