I spy my little eye, a body in the river

Author's Note:

vocabulary: I am giving a vocabulary since I am using Korean honorifics as it is better than the English honorifics (I will send the vocabulary every chapter so no need to worry about remembering them)

VOCABULARY:
Hyung: elder brother for boys, 
Oppa: elder brother for girls, Noona: elder sister for boys, Unnie: elder sister for girls

now on to the story!

Blackouts are the worst, and I speak from a lot of experience. The worst part? When EVERYONE pays attention to you. It's not like I hate attention, it's that concerned pity like - attention I mind. As I tend to faint a lot, I had taken courses to regain conscience. And I closed my eyes and stayed still for a second. I heard concerned voices, chaos, screaming, crying, and honestly? It terrified me a bit.

I slowly opened my eyes to face three unfamiliar faces staring at me with anxious expressions. "Are you okay?", the mysterious man asked. "Yeah I am totally fine", I grumbled sarcastically as I got up. "So, I uh, I'll see you around later?", he asked nervously. "Sure I think" I answered with a hint of a question in my voice. "I'm fine, really," I say, shrugging off the people holding me. I suddenly remembered that I needed to go to the hospital. Cursing under my breath I ran towards the ambulance.

Seoul St. Mary's Hospital

11:00 AM

The hospital was even more uncontrolled than the bridge. There were nurses and doctors frantically running from patient to patient, nurses bringing unfortunate information to the patients concerned guardians, screeching, and crying. One of the nurses was talking to a doctor, "No, Doctor Jung we don't have enough nurses nor doctors! We need to shift the patients to another hospital or else, they'll die sir!", clearly both of them were extremely stressed.

I walk up to them and say, "Hello my name is Ren, I heard your conversation and I would like to help you guys. I am not a professional but I can do the basics, like stitching and bandaging". Both of them relaxed a bit by seeing me. "yes dear, that would be wonderful.", the nurse sighed. As he showed me the way to the ER room, I gasped at the patients, all of them bruised and battered, as if they were in a war. "Today is going to be a very long day", I sigh.

3:15 PM

Today was an absolute nightmare. "You did well dear, I appreciate it, now that you've done enough, please go take some rest", the nurse urged me to, while I finished casting a small girl's leg. I looked up at the nurse and gave him a small nod, I was too tired to even speak. As I left the room, my breadbasket started rumbling as if there was a storm going on in it. I made my way to the cafeteria when I heard a familiar voice saying, "Noona! You're here!" I turned to look at Hojung with a huge grin on his face and an even larger cast on his leg. the boy's body looked miserable, but his face was lit up like today was Christmas. My mood changed instantly seeing the little ray of sunshine. I knelt to look at him in the face and as I did my knees screamed in pain. 

I gave a huge smile and hugged him. "How are you doing?" I ask as I ruffle his hair. "I'm doing good, just a broken leg and better than mother.", he says, turning a bit sad. "How is she? Did you see her?" I asked, a bit worried. He nods his head, "Well, I can't say she's good, but the doctor says she's lucky to be found early." He answers with a hint of gratefulness in his voice. "What did she tell you?", I asked, slightly turning more worried. "she was sleeping when I saw her." 

Both our stomachs growled loudly, we looked down and started laughing. "Well, it looks like we both need a meal after a long day," I said while chuckling. I took Hojung to the cafeteria and looked at the food available. "Do you like Bulgogi?", I ask him as I see the variety of food. "I never ate Bulgogi.", he admits. I look at him with shock. he must have noticed the confusion on my face and shyly said, "Dad never liked it, he never brought it home nor did he let me and mom eat it from outside." A hint of disappointment was shown on his face. "Well your father isn't here is he and he may not need to know a few things does he?" I grinned. I ordered one Bulgogi as one is already filling for two people.

After a filling meal of bulgogi and lemonade. We left to check on his mother. I had also taken some of the food for the poor lady because the hospital food never does justice. when we entered the room, his mom was awake and was talking with a nurse in a cheerily way. She noticed us as soon as we arrived, "Why look who it is! Hojung, where were you? I was very worried dear." she asked. "Sorry Ma, I was with your hero.", he giggles. The lady gasps, "Oh my God, dear I'm so sorry I didn't know it was you! But I have to say thank you because it wasn't you, I wouldn't be here. Please let me know what I can do to return this tremendous help you've done for me?"

I shake my head and say, "Ma'am, it's my responsibility to protect everyone, known and unknown people in my life." The matron raised an eyebrow, "You're a cop?", she asks, breaking the silence. "Nope, I think the right word is graduated and jobless, oh, and please call me Ren." I smile. The atmosphere turns light and fun. We chatted with each other, laughed, and ate more. I suddenly remembered I had some important business and excused myself from going outside.

4:07 PM 

Police officers and medics were still on the bridge, doing a last-minute check-up. I surveyed the place, silently hoping to find a specific person. I felt like something wasn't right, as if he was here. I move towards the side of the bridge as if it was a magnet. There was a pool of blood, "it's dried on the ground, perhaps two to three hours?" I murmur to myself. I felt a tap on my shoulder and jumped, getting scared by the sudden movement. "Woah there, never knew you would be that scared." I heard a man say moving back. "You didn't scare me, I was just thinking, deeply."  I sigh looking at the man. He smiles at me, telling me, "Well, we meet again, I see!", the mysterious man says. I give a small nod and shrug, turning back to the blood. "I perhaps didn't catch your name." he hums coming to my side. "Well, that's probably because I never gave it but call me Ren." I sigh, looking at the pool. "I'm prosecutor Lee, but please call me Ian." I give a small nod, still not focusing on him. Pointing towards the dried pool of blood I ask him, "What happened there?". he sighs and says, "Accident, they were our first deaths in the wreckage." something didn't feel right, i walked closer to the area. 

Something didn't feel right, so I walked closer to the area. As I moved closer I found something intriguing, something odd. I walked back up to him and said, "You sure it was an accident Mr. Smart head?". He gave a slow nod, getting slightly suspicious. I grabbed his hand, "Hey, I have a girl-" and stopped talking after seeing the pool of life up close, shock and realisation washing over him like a tsunami. I raised an eyebrow, implying a question that never needed to be asked. "I don't think so, it could've seeped," he argues. "Is this guy really a prosecutor", I thought, slightly getting annoyed by the fact of him giving suggestions. Without saying a word I walked up to the once was a railing of the bridge and looked down. My face went colorless. The next moment I shouted something that nobody on the bridge expected, "There's a body in the river!"

4.30 pm

20 minutes of anxiety checking in and out. A petrified officer ran up to us informing us that they had found the poor lifeless body. He seemed pretty flustered to even say a word, "How bad could it be?", I mutter. "Well, there's a piece of land under this bridge, have you checked that too? There could be more..." Ian states. The officer mustered some courage to stutter a "no." He then scampered off to notify the others to keep searching. Both of us let out heavy sighs, "You know, you're pretty smart for an art's degree student," he says. 

Shocked at the individual's words, I shoot back, "Wow, mr. prosecutor, what gives away?". Bewildered, he stutters, W-well, your hair for example, it's dyed with the colors of an artist, red, blue and yellow. Second, your tattoo on your neck of the log of fire and owl flying over it represents the Greek Gods of art and the way your eyes twinkle-," he cut off his words, embarrassment washing over him like a flood. Letting out a smirk, "How cute," I tease. "Well, here's the grand answer Ian, I've studied criminology, graduated and now, jobless," a small chuckle followed after seeing the look on his face. 

Before he could say anything my phone rang, it was an unknown number but I still picked up, hearing who it was and what it was about. I froze. "I-I got to go," I falter. Disappointment knocked over onto Ian's face. "I was going to say something important but you seem worried. Perhaps your address?" he asks a bit shyly. Now don't get me wrong, my grandma raised me perfectly, to never give personal stuff to strangers but he seemed like a nice guy and maybe I have a feeling we would meet more. So address given. 

Before getting into the taxi, I looked around and whispered to him, "Also you should get your M.E team on the body because i think this is a....murder."