Chapter 1. Time is what?

Everything was pitch black.
A seemingly no-end realm of darkness existed before him.
He wanted to shout but strangely couldn't force himself enough to do so.

"NARUTO!"

A blond teen felt a sudden painful throb growing in his head as he began to regain his consciousness. A small sound of discomfort was the first thing that came out from his mouth, rolling his head in small motion before attempting to move his lolling body.

Just as he fluttered open his eyes, a harsh ray of sunlight seeped through the small gap, forcing itself to shut back. The longer he stayed there, the more he felt the intense heat of the sun beating down on his aching body.

He let himself lay there for a bit longer when a series of loud smashes became evident to his senses, strong enough that he felt his body tremble along with the ground as it grew stronger with each take. Naruto's train of thought was abruptly diminished, immediately sensing the rapid increase of adrenaline inside him. In no time, he found himself jolted upward as he tried to balance himself from the immediate action. Wincing slightly at the dull throbbing pain in his head, the blond forced open his eyes to absorb his surroundings. Eyes squinted, the first thing that greeted him was the skyscrapers towering over him. Before he could even bring himself to look down, he heard a loud crash behind him.

"Target located" a monotonic voice uttered.

Naruto immediately turned toward its source, hands quickly grabbed shurikens from his pocket before he held them up on his side, ready to throw.  His body tensed for a moment when he saw a green metallic bizarre structure that resembled a living creature. He knew for sure it was something he'd never encountered before.

"Oi! Do you know what this place is?!" he called out, nonetheless.

"I'll kill you!" The machinery darted aggressively without any hesitation towards the confused blond.

In a quick motion, Naruto threw the shurikens at the approaching attacker, close enough to scratch its metallic surface. And just as soon it could almost reach him, he swiftly manoeuvred his body backward in a full circle, landed on his hands then on his feet, a fair distance away.

Naruto turned to his opponent, getting the sight of the marks he made. His lips curved upwards. The blond knew he gave enough warning not to play with him.

"Oi, grasshopper. Just to let you know, I really have nothing against you," he explained, hands held upward. "And I wouldn't mind if you would gladly tell me first who you are and..I don't know, maybe answer my question, ne~ miss-? mister-?" Naruto called out. He was playing his best not to cause any trouble on someone who might have the answers to his questions, especially not at this moment when he's completely lost. "I just wanted to know where I am right now. Or you could tell me, atleast, which is the fastest way to Konoha then I'll be off of your skin in no time." he added.

Again, ignoring the blond, the red-eyed figure spun in a brisk manner to face him. "Target located." Same words were repeated, before propelling straightly again in his direction. "I'll kill you!"

Naruto immediately jumped backwards to avoid the impact, his feet met the ground along with one hand to lessen the momentum as he slid backwards in a crouch-start position. The rubbles rolled alongside him while the dust billowed out. His face frowned in annoyance.