Part 5

"Hey," I said as I walked to his bike. Henry was already there, leaning against the wall.

"Hi, so is your idea still on?" he asked with a smirk.

"Yeah, but if you disagree then I don't mind either," I said, trying to hide the disappointment in my voice.

"No, no, I think it's a great idea. Hop on!"

I couldn't repress a smile. He doesn't know how strangely relieved I am. I took off my sweater, thankfully his bike wasn't wet. I folded it up and placed it on the rear rack. That would make it a little more comfortable right? My soft wool sweater almost made it feel like a second seat.

Henry sat on the saddle. I carefully sat on my fabricated seat. I tried to keep my distance. Not even my clothes touched him. I grasped part of the rear rack, so I wouldn't fall off. I could feel Mike's covetous eyes glaring at us from a distance. I didn't care.

He started pedaling. I gripped the metal bars even harder. Balance was a weakness for me. I was thankful that the courtyard wasn't full of people yet. If it was, I would have blushed my face off. The journey wasn't bad, turns out his house wasn't that far. He drove smoothly, he made it feel like the rough pavement was paper.

We finally arrived. The house wasn't like anything I've imagined. It was in the middle of the forest, almost like mines. But the only difference was that it was completely surrounded by trees. There was no open road in front of it, we had to take a trail to come here.

"Here we are, home sweet home" exclaimed Henry.

He gestured towards the marble white walls of his house. The structure was made out of 4 different size cubes. His parents must really like contemporary modern designs. The interior design was minimalistic. The creamy walls complemented the midnight blue couch. The nordic chandelier dangled down the ivory ceiling like an earring. His parents had great taste. A grand piano sat proudly in the middle of the room.

"Do you play?" I asked him, I wondered if he did. If he did, I would regret denying piano classes as a kid.

"No, my parents love to play though," he said. I nodded in response.

I wandered across his house. His parents must earn a lot to afford this kind of place. I decided to ask.

"How could you afford all this?"

"My Dad owns the office that he works in. My Mom opened a really successful bakery which is really famous in Washington"

Well that explains it, his parents were rich. He led me into his bedroom. Quite simple if you ask me. White walls with some shelves sculpted into it. Maple-colored wooden floors. A single, but huge, bed in the back of the room. I glanced at the shelves, he owned a lot of books. This amount of books could fill a mini library.

"I like to read, its a wonderful pass-time," he said.

I started feeling awkward, I could feel the blushing again. Was it just me or is it hotter in here? I could tell that Henry felt the awkwardness too.

"Hey, why don't you show me the new video games you said you have?" I asked, trying to relieve the tension.

"Oh, sure," he exclaimed, probably glad that I relieved the tension for him.

I picked up something from the highest platform of the shelf. It was the game I've seen before. Honestly, my parents bought the same one for my birthday. But I didn't tell him that. The possibility of spending time with him was too special to deny. I could've sworn he suspected something when I beat him at almost every round. I was great at gaming, but I enjoyed reading more.