Chapter 5: Trolls

Once we got back to the company Kili and Fili shouted, "Trolls!" Out loud. "Trolls!" They shout again. Everyone had turned their heads quickly and jumped up to grab their weapons, holding a firm grip on them with caution.

"Trolls? What Trolls?" Thorin asks, quickly walking over to us. That's when he looked down and noticed something that had caught his eye when he came up to us. I was confused. He had a look of disgust, anger, confusion and worry in his face. He was looking down in between Kili and me.

I look down, as I am the only one who noticed Thorin's expression and realized that Kili was holding my hand! Apparently mid way while we're running he ended up switching from my wrist to my hand, ever so sly like a fox. I immediately let go of his hand. He seemed to noticed this based on his reaction. When I had let go, I jerked my hand towards me and he shortly followed, losing his balance. All while looking down at my hand, sadly, and then back up at me before returning to meet his uncle's glare.

This all happened so quickly Fili started, "Big one's, humongous and grody."

"And they took Bilbo!" Kili added. Thorin then looked back up with a serious yet surprised look. "What do you mean they took Bilbo?" Thorin said very angry while walking slowly up to his nephews.

"We may have sort of  left him to go retrieve the missing ponies that we lost, which in fact he probably won't be hidden in sight for long so we really need to go help him." Kili said.

"Right! As in right now." Fili added. Thorin have them an angry look. "You three lost points and put our Burglar in danger!" Thorin yelled looking at all of us. "Avalyn, I thought I could trust you!" He yelled at me which was a big eye opener. I jump back a bit, frightened and speechless, doing my to hold back my tears. Thorin has never yelled at me before. This just proves to Thorin that I'm not responsible. I just started this quest and I'm already letting him down.

I look down in shame, only for a second, until Fili says, "Wait what are you doing yelling at her for, she didn't do anything?!"

"Ya, it was our fault uncle. She tried to tell us not to send Bilbo in there and we ignored her and didn't let her speak. Blame us not her." Kili said, both trying to defend me. They both had a face of guilt and worry. I could tell they were really sorry and felt really bad. I look up at them in shock, realizing what they had done for me. They both look at me and smile, plus a wink from Kili. I have gave them a forgiving smile in return.