2 - Toxins

((Joji's P.O.V))

I woke up to my normal beeping alarm. I sat up, putting my hand on it and stopping it. It was only 6:15 AM, but I wanted to fix my sleep schedule.

Lately, all I was drinking is coffee late in the day, and I already knew that was harmful to my physical and mental state.

And running on coffee and needing to produce music was bad anyways. I was always feeling pretty energized, but then feeling nauseous at the end of the day.

I also needed to get outside more. I've lately also been staying inside far too much. Cooped up in my apartment, and sucked into my instruments.

Yesterday is when I started to wake up early. Despite the fact I smoked a cigarette or two on my walk, it was still exercise either way. I really, really needed to quit.

Eh, easier said than done.

I stretch my legs and get out of bed, Raising my arms above my head before bringing them back down.

I walk into the bathroom, looking into the mirror.

I had the usual dark bags under my eyes and extremely messy hair. I ruffled it slightly, which, to my surprise, made it look better. I smiled slightly.

I walked out of the bathroom, grabbing my winter coat and putting it on. 

I also threw on a beanie and slid on my glasses. I grabbed my pack of cigarettes from my table and threw it into my pocket

I walked out of my door, stepping into the cold, early morning Brooklyn air. I took a cigarette out of my pocket and lit it, Inhaling it.

As I breathed in the toxins, I walked down the sidewalk, faint flurries of snow falling down and coating my beanie with a soft layer of white before inevitably melting.

As I'm walking down the sidewalk, the Cafe comes into view. I might as well stay inside for a minute this time and not go so soon. 

I opened the glass Cafe doors, The bell ringing as per usual, and walk over to the counter.

"Hey again, George." He said, greeting me. "What'll it be, The usual?"

I nod, Quietly speaking up to say "And a blueberry muffin.."

He nodded in approval and I went to go sit down on a bench near the window.

I saw the same girl from yesterday, sneaking glances at me. Little did she know, I could see her.

She was absorbed in her work. The worker called me over, signalling that my order was finished.

I got out of my seat and handed him the money, gripping the hot coffee through my fingerless gloves. How it warmed my hands.

I sat back down at my seat, Looking out the window at the snow and scenery of the winter in Brooklyn. It was serene and calming.

At the same time, it was also extremely busy, and nobody took in the feeling of winter. They all just cared about festivities. 

I cared about the feeling- The vibe. 

I took a sip of my hot coffee. I shouldn't let it get too cold.

I decided I should leave and walk somewhere. The coffee would keep the cigarette out o my mouth at least.

I wave at the employee, Exiting the shop and walking elsewhere

***

Wattpad decided to fuck me over and I couldn't upload twice. cOoL hAhA-

Winter time is so romantic

-Rycinical <3