Chapter 2: His Long Awaited Leave

''Aisht! I'm telling you, we really need to find another apartment, love.''

''James...You know Sean's still not fully recovered. He can barely move his left arm. What do you expect? We're neighbors and besides he's Sean. He's not just any other people. What's troubling you, seriously? He's your friend. He's like our little brother. Why are you suddenly being like this, James? If you want to find another place then you go. I will never leave that apartment. That's my space in the first place.''

Jiyong snapped his head towards his girlfriend. Shit! He thought. She's mad now.

''Love, I don't mean it that way! Ya---'' he tried to tell her but she already stepped out of the car and slammed the door closed.

''Loveeeeeeeeeee!!!''

''James....''

''James...''

"JAMES KNOX!!!''

James snapped his eyes open and scrambled up his seat. He looked around only to see three pairs of eyes glued to him.

*Crickets... Crickets...*

Dream... It was just a dream.

Wait... No...

It's a fucking  nightmare!

''Loveeeeeeee--- Hahahahahaha!'' Dylan and Yves high fived each other as they try to imitate James' tormented wail while ago.

''Aigoo, James. Can't get enough of Sam? Hahahaha! Aigoo.'' Sebastian laughed at him and tapped his shoulder.

James shut his eyes close and raked his hair as his mouth twitched and mouthed curses. He fell asleep inside the interrogation room and who would not if you just came in from a mission last night and you missed your girl and you planned to cuddle and snuggle with her since you missed her a lot only to sleep late frustrated and 'in pain' and to get up early the next day with your neighbor panda pestering you first thing in the morning?

''Aisht!'' James stood up and scratched his head. ''What the fuck are you doing here?'' he asked the three.

''Bro, we've been looking for you because Thomas needs us in his office, just in case you wanna know. Let's go.'' Yves said before grinning once more and turning his way to the door.

''Come on, let's get this done. I need to go home early.'' Sebastian shook said as he shook his head and followed Yves.

''Aigoo... Seb's wedding is just a few days away.'' Dylan said. ''How about you, man? Don't you have plans yet?''

James straightened up and fixed himself as he walked past Dylan. ''Samantha's just been starting to live her life and I think she's happy with her new experiences. I think I should let her adjust to all the changes a little more.''

''Makes sense...'' Dylan nodded and closed the door behind him.  ''By the way, it's a miracle Sean didn't drop by. Where is he?''

*******

*MEOW...*

''Aisht! I knew it! Why do I always have to deal with cats???'' Se!n slapped his leg as he scowled at Dadoong who's beside him on the couch.

''Yah... Just when I thought I'm so over being your nanny, here you come again!'' he said as he pointed his finger on the cat. ''Better be good umderstand? If not for Sam being so nice to me, I won't dare take you in and baby-sit... I meant cat-sit you!''

Sean then shifted from his seat and crossed his arms over his chest. ''I should've known better. Hmp! James will not me go easily for ruining his moment with noona this morning. Aisht! All I want is some tasty breakfast! Now I won't be able to go to the headquarters, damn!''