An Interview

Jennifer sat in the tiny interrogation room the auror had left her in. The auror in front of her, whose name she didn't know, was still looking at her with pity on his face. She lifted her hand, holding a tissue and wiped her angry red and swollen eyes once more. Even though she wasn't crying anymore, her vision was still a little blurry and she felt the defeat of the situation pressuring her chest as if there was a massive weight on it. She knew things were about to reach the worst they had ever reached. There were only a few possibilities of what would happen next, the most obvious ones being either sent back to her parents or removed from them.

Either way, she was screwed.

Things would never be the same, but did she want them to be? There was a lot of commotion when she was brought in, and it would surely catch the eyes of reporters. If the went back to her parents, there would be hell to pay for that.

If.

If she went back. Jay took a shuddering breath. Where would she go otherwise? An orphanage? Temporary home? There were a lot of things to keep in mind, after all, some of the unconvicted Death Eaters would love to get their hands on her. She felt the pressure climb to her throat at the mere thought of that happening.

The door opened and this time it wasn't a auror stepping through. It was Madam Bones. Holy shit. How far did this go already, if one of the highest forms of authority in the whole of Magical Brittan showed up for it?

"Good afternoon Miss Potter, auror Jonas." Madam Bones said, while looking her up and down.

She must look like a right mess, and there was nothing she could do about that right now. So, she cleared her voice and greeted the woman. "Good afternoon, Madam Bones." She almost winced at how terribly scratchy her voice sounds.

"It was quite the commotion, this morning, when first Albus came, informing the aurors of the, supposed 'less than legal actions' you would be practicing, and how 'it would be a danger to not address the girl before she did any further damage to herself'." Jay looked at the table, not making eye contact with neither the auror nor Madam Bones. Bones took a seat at the table and pulled a folder towards herself. "Of course, we never suspected that we would be looking at the other Potters, and not you for the 'less than legal actions', or rather the lack of actions.

Jay kept silent, hoping that the floor would swallow her up right now out of sheer embarrassment. Did they think she needed adult supervision? She'd been doing fine on her own, only lonely. But when she voiced this to the auror, all she got was a frown on his face and another note in his book.

Madam Bones sighed deeply, before opening the folder. "Miss Potter, how long have your parents been leaving you, all on your own, for months at a time?" She asked in a soft tone, probably to help her relax a little. It didn't work.

"Not for too long."

"And how long was that?" Madam Bones insisted, turning her head sideways, hoping to catch the girl's eye for even a second.

"A, uh, a few years." Jay replied, lifting her head a little, but still keeping her eyes mostly to the table.

Madam Bones leaned forwards, folding her hands on the table. "Miss Potter, from outside sources, we've learned that it's been longer than that. We've been informed that this has been happening since you were five years old."

Jennifer snapped her eyes upward, wondering who talked. She certainly didn't. Even if it wasn't right what her parents did, the Wizarding World needed their 'Chosen Family'. She couldn't break that image. She understood that and apparently, there was someone that didn't agree with her vision on it.

Madam Bones studied the girl in front of her for a second, wondering how they could all have been so blind. She saw this girl quite often, as her family was invited to lots of parties and gala's she had to attend as well. Looking back, it was obvious that there was something going on in the Potter family. The girl was anti-social, unlike the other children in attendance, and highly uncomfortable in the busy halls. And that was when she was seen at all. The girl tended to disappear after the arrival and show up only when needed or when she was to leave with her parents and brother.

"I've been in conversation with a part of the Wizengamot. Regarding your special situation," Jay almost snorted at that, "It has been decided that, for your safety, you will be staying with one of your godfathers while the trial runs-"

"Wait, godfathers? I only have one godfather, and he was just as bad as my parents when it comes to my care." She was really confused right now, why remove her from her parents, when she would be placed in a home that was just as empty as her parent's home? After all, both Remus and Sirius often joined the trips.

"Your custody will, temporarily, be given to your second godfather, Severus Snape. Until a more long-term solution is found."

Well, shit.