ONE

"The king is dead! He has two heirs and hadn't chose one to take the throne. A trial by combat is in order" Informed the Vizier of the King, Akash.

The two heirs of King Akshay got ready, one seeker for power, other for a better generation more than the Dynasty his father built with power and greed towards his people.

The elder brother, Sikandar went to his wife in their chambers finding her rocking their newly born twin daughter, Arya and Myra. Such tenderness she showed and this beautiful image he saw just remembered the day they met. How he fought his father just to be with the Bengali village beauty in front of him, she finally looked up to notice her husband "I was informed" she smiles softly "A trial by combat is in order" he says tracing his feet and set on the bed next to her "You don't have to do this" she says "I must. For the people, for a better future for our kingdom and for a better future for our little ones" he says with his finger stuck in the fist of Arya.

"You have to come back" Krishna says after some time and he smiled "I will. But if I so happen die-----" he was cut of by her covering his mouth to say no more "you will not. Don't say that" she says and removed her hand then he held her hands in hers and says looking into her eyes "if I so happen die, I want you to leave and protect our daughters." A tear tricked down her tan cheeks "Do you really have to?" He smiled softly wiping her tears "I must, my love" he says "but I will come back, I have faith, you should to" he says and she nods then they were wrapped in a hug......

They were by the Great Falls of the Kingdom, a battle spot. Many people of the Kingdom came, all sat on the stone hill like mountain. There arrived the youngest brother, Prince Abhishek then the eldest, Prince Sikandar. The crowd of people roared out clapping, supporting either one of them "We are gathered for the trial by Combat. It'll determine who sits on the throne and who will be king!" Says Adi, the combat master and everyone cheered "By the grace of the Gods, they are given the strengths to fight like the tigers that represent our kingdom!" They roared out "Prince Abhishek!!!!!" He announced and the people went crazy but mostly the girls since he had very fair good looking features. He chuckles as he blew them kisses and they went crazy "Prince Sikandar!!!!!!" Shouted Adi and the crowd went wild with men and women shouting his name, even the kids. He saw Krishna along with the crowd, watching with worry in her face but he smiled and she was reassured but it Didn't reassure her that much as she was nervous.

Sikandar knew that either he dies or his younger brother. He didn't want to kill the brother he loved so deeply as they grew up together but in life, his father to taught him to make sacrifices.

"LET THE COMBAT BEGIN!!!!!" Shouted Adi and moved back as they started fighting. Abhi strikes him but he dodged all his attacks, his is as quick as a snake and strikes like a tiger fearlessly. The people cheered as Abhi got the upper hand as Sikandar let him, many flashes of their childhood flashed as he just couldn't come to the thought of killing his flesh and blood but he had to survive for his wife and daughters.
His thoughts were interrupted when he came to reality that Abhi had cut his leg on the side, striking him down on the small water and people gasped but he quickly got up and started fighting, clearing all the thoughts and started attacking him as he blocks out all his strikes, Sikandar cuts Abhi's chest but they kept fighting deep into combat. Sikandar knocks out his spear and was about to stab him on the chest but hesitated when Abhi used his reflexes taking the spear and sticking it in his brother's stomach deep as he winced in pain.

A tear tricked down Krishna's eyes as she couldn't bare it, blood pouring down his lips as he was about to jot give up trying to strike him but Abhi grabs his spear and takes the now spear filled with blood of his brother out of him, he fell to his knees as gasps leave the people's lips. "You always were weak, elder brother" he spat and picked him on his shoulders.

Krishna couldn't watch no longer as she ran away from the scene, she ran inside the castle.

Throwing him over the long waterfall and turning back to the people who held shocked faces, some even started crying as Adi held a lump saying "YOUR KING!!!!!" And half the crowd of people cheered as Abhi held a smirk of his victory.

She ran and never looked back, through the bright corridors of the palace as her bangles jingles along. She entered her chambers and quickly took her two daughters and ran out the room. She ran and never looked back breathing heavily until she reached the back of the castle where they were gardens that held a secret Hatch that Sikandar told her of and ran through the gardens, she was about to reach it when a strong arm grabbed her "No! No!! Let me go!!!" She yelled "Shout, Bengali girl and your tongue is out" the Guard says in a deep voice as she is brought in the palace.

She was brought before the king "please let me go. I won't cause any trouble" she cries as she held her daughter's "No, I can't." Abhi says as she sat on his Throne "please" she pleaded "you have my brothers heirs meaning they have quite the claim as much as he did so....." He looked over guard "no! No! Please! Don't take my daughter's from me!!" She cries as they snatched infants from their mother's arms "please I beg of you, they are my children!" She cries only to be ignored. The large halls were filled only with her cries "You should be thankful. I'm giving you and your daughters a quick death to go join your pathetic husband" he says disgusted "I'd reconsider, kill your daughters and have you as my wife but I cannot, you are not noble" he says eying her "please"

He nodded at the guard and they got out their daggers ready to kill the infants. Krishna got up to save her children but they held her back "No!! No!! I beg of you please!" The infants started crying "they need me!! Please!!! I'll disappear and never come back, I swear it, just don't kill my children!!!" She pleads and no one ever listened.

She didn't know what to do as her heart ached. Closing her eyes, she'd see a flash of her husband being killed and opening her eyes, she'd see her daughters with daggers pointed to their chest "My King!"

"What? I'm in the middle of something!" grunted Abhishek as the high priest came in "I have come with a message from the Gods" he announced "can it not wait?" Asked Abhi "I'm afraid it can't, my king"
The young king let him deliver the message quickly "The twins must not be killed, for they hold a powerful gift from the Gods" he announced "But they have Enemy blood in them" complained Abhi "My King, killing them will cause the fall of our kingdom. The gods have said do not kill the young ones" he says and Abhi grunted. "Fine. They will not be killed" he stated as Krishna let out a breath but tears still poured down her cheeks "and as for you, village savage take her to the dungeons" they followed the young King's orders as she was taken to the dungeons.

"As for the infants, it's the chamber new duty from now on till I get rid of them" he says and the twins were taken to their chambers.

"Is there anything else you'd like, my lord?" Asked the Vizier and Abhi smirked "Why yes. Find me a noble wife" he says and he bows following instructions to find the young king a new wife.