Chapter Three

The rest of the day flew by. Between organizing the pack and getting a crash course from Matteo about all I needed to know about the other alpha's, I was completely bushed even before the shindig had begun.

I nervously tugged on the bottom hem of my white sundress as we waited in front of our house for them to arrive, Matteo wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my temple. "Relax, they're going to love you."

Truth be told, I was a little nervous about meeting them and having them like me but I was more anxious about finding out what this meeting was really being called for. I assumed it had something to do with the whole Isabel situation but Matteo was usually so independent and prideful, it made me question why he would call for something like this in the first place.

After what felt like an eternity figures emerged from the forest up ahead of us. In total there were four alpha's coming to this meeting and if that wasn't enough on it's own, each alpha brought along a small entourage with them.

Aside from Malice, there were five other large packs in North America: Noble, Mortal, Ambition, Wayward, Creed and of course Ardor but for obvious reasons, Alpha Jack of Noble pack and Isabel would not be attending.

Alpha Azrael was from Mortal and there were so many rumors surrounding him and his pack. It was said that he was able to travel to the underworld and deal with dead people's spirits but I imagined that all of those were just made up mumbo-jumbo to scare other packs.

Then there was Alpha Elio from Wayward Pack. True to it's name his pack was a lawless, mischievous and chaotic group. A lot of wolves resented Wayward because it defied the tradition rigid traditions of werewolf packs so Wayward often came across as a threat to other pack's.

The aging Alpha Luca from Creed Pack was virtually useless in the werewolf community but due to formalities, we still were expected to invite the geezer to these sorts of gatherings. He and his pack were overwhelmingly known for being strict and dry rule freaks. They were such hard asses that it often times hindered their strength as a pack according to Matteo.

Ambition Pack was currently in a jumbled transition state but nevertheless they still sent in their young Alpha Silas to represent themselves. Not many people knew much about Silas since he only recently was made alpha but the one thing everyone did know: he was exceptionally young. Matteo teasingly referred to Silas as the "The Little Alpha" when he explained this all to me. Based off of his appearance Silas looked barely eighteen, he was slight in stature with a pale complexion—not very Alpha-y.

We moved to cross the clearing and greet our guests but stopped quickly when another group of wolves emerged alongside the alphas unexpectedly. At the forefront of the pack was a girl, she stood with her hands on her hips and a scowl on her features. "What? No invite?" She was stunning to say the least, with white hair and bright blue eyes there was a striking beauty about her as well as a clear aura of power resonating off her.

It surprised us all when Alpha Azrael was the first to voice his concern about the late comers arrival, "Nightshade is not only unwelcome to a gathering of Alpha's but will also not be recognized as a pack in the first place." He muttered sourly.

I didn't even know there was a group of wolves trying to be a pack called Nightshade, I wondered if Matteo had even the slightest of premonitions of their arrival in his planning for the event.

"What are you doing here Mila, you know this is technically considered rogues trespassing on my territory. I have every right to send my wolves in and kill you all on the spot." Matteo warned and folded his arms across his chest.

She rolled her eyes and walked towards us, instinctively I wanted to take a step back behind Matteo out of nerves but I knew as a Luna that would scream weakness in front of the other alphas and my pack. "Mia—not Mila but you already knew that."