Prologue / chapter 1

" I fear not the dark itself, but what may lurk in it"

—————————————-

Salecia's pov aka Léci (Lay- ci)

I wokeup and looked at the time. It was going on noon. I got up and did my hygiene and walked downstairs. " hey honey goodmorning how did you sleep?", I slept fine. " well me and your mother are going out of town forawhile and so we are hiring a maid.", You guys always go out of town. Cant you just stay here forawhile. " Honey you know we can't do that. We won't be able to afford this 6 bedroom house and 2 1/2 bathrooms with a corridor downstairs *looks away*", I guess you're right. Im gonna skip breakfast and go outside. " ok hon be safe. "

I walked out outside and seen logan. I've been here for a month and I can say I have one friend. Although Im kind of starting to like him, Its hard to tell if he likes me back. " What's up? Bout time you came outside. How's everything with your family? " , It's all good. My parents are leaving forawhile... and they are hiring a maid. Sounds absolutely fun. " You have the whole house to yourself? And you're complaining? Who are you!??? If you'd like I could keep you company?", I actually would enjoy that. We have a 6 bedroom house.. there's enough room. " But a maid? You don't know how to clean?", *laughs* very funny. But the house is too big for me to get every spot. I already have to clean my room up.

* That night*  Salecia's pov

" Honey? We will be leaving tomorrow at noon. ..Earlier we leave hopefully the sooner we get home :).", " And the maid will be arriving within minutes after noon. But of course we won't leave til she shows up.", mom said. where did you all find her? Do you know anything about her past history? "
Story time. We actually found her in a grocery store new 12th and farro street. Me and your mother were talking about maids and she was just eager to know more about you.", So you told a random person about me? I hope you all don't expect me to like her. Im 18.. I don't really need a maid. " well to late. And she needs the money. We're paying her two arms and head every week.", Do I still get an allowance? I mean I have money but it's nice to know something hasn't changed around here. " Yes dear, you still get your daily allowance. " well im gonna skip dinner and just eat a banana for the night. Im actually not in the mood . " I told the maid to make sure you take your meds every night. We don't want those nightmares and hallucinations coming back.", Why would you tell her something like that? That's personal!??? , " Hey can I joke round here¿ I didn't spill the beans baby girl. Although that reminds us and you TO take your meds. You've been good for two months now.", Yes I will. Good night.

I hope they actually didn't tell the maid about that. First it's embarrassing and second its highly none of her business.

Next day *     10:50 am

I got up due to laughing and the smell of food. Dad never makes a good good breakfast unless we have company. " Omg this house is gorgeous!! I wish I could-", GoodMorning everybody. " well GoodMorning sweetheart. This is Sarah Hoffmann. Due to her being early we were just thinking of heading out. " It's really nice to meet you."

I pulled my dad to the side to ask him if you logan could stay here and keep me company while they were gone.

Dad is it ok if logan joins me here while you two are away? He could keep me company and we have alot of room space. " You know how I feel about boys staying over.. let alone coming over. But I guess until we get back. Yes it's fine. Im doing you a favor by not letting the maid know about this. Im trusting you. And meds? Deal.", Yes dad I will take the meds. " ok sweetie. Shoot me a text and I'll see you soon"

I ran upstairs and shot logan a text informing him he could come over right away.

                               { Text convo}

            Me: my dad says you can stay while they are gone! :))))
              Lolo: :] cool. Be over in 15 mins.
             Me: seee ya;)

                                   {End of convo}

While Im waiting for logan to appear I walk out the room due to me hearing chatter. My dad said they were gone but I still heard chatter. " Yes Im in the house. As far as I know, the daughter takes meds. Hallucinations and nightmares... what a complete child. I know what Im here to do. I need a few months tops. I get you your money and mine"

I creep back to my room when I heard the door bell ring. I instantly Run downstairs to see logan out the peep hole. I open the door and wave him in. " And who might this young boy be?", This is a friend who will be staying over.

I guide him past the maid and up to my room. I lock the door and turn on the radio so it could drown out our talking. Not to mention I have a bathroom in my room so went in there.

I think somethings up with the maid already. " What happened", I overheard her talking on the phone to someone about what she came here to do and that she will get somebody some money. Im not sure if she owes or what but it sounded like she was planning to do something. " where did your parents find her?", They said at a store. Farro something street. " I wouldn't be surprised. There's a bunch of crazy fucks in there. Well Im hear so I'll keep you safe. ", Well there is something else I should tell you so You can know. When l was younger, and it started when I was five... I used to have nightmares and hallucinations. Like see things that weren't there and the nightmares were so bad I couldn't sleep. It would be days before I actually got real sleep. I've been doing good for about two months now as long as I take the right meds. My dad said that he wouldn't tell the maid about my pills but he did. I just thought you should know incase some creepy stuff started happening and the maid starts telling you stuff you should already know about me. Is it weird? " absolutely not. Look. Im not worried about any of that. I'll be here with you. I'll help you even, if you want me to. " ok thanks.

I walked out the bathroom to the other side of a room we have, which means my room and another room is connected. We share a bathroom. I felt some reason for logan to be in the same room with me but I didn't want the maid randomly knocking in and started having double meanings about things.

1189 words in counting.