Kat-ket

Our base is underneath a bridge. I peer around to make sure no one can see. I click the bottom for the intercom. "Yo, yo ,yo-" sounds like Flix on the other end

"Cut the crap, it's your boss"

"Hm , who?"

"Fine... beep beep guess what I got " I know it's stupid and all but usually if flix is guarding she won't just except the appearance that only I can pull off. I pull out the 'kat ,ket' a weird brand of chocolate we all carry around because she won't let us in without it. One of our buddies had to get away from the old coppers and she wasn't gonna open the door but obviously that would give away our place so I had to pry her from the lever and let him in.

"Okie dokie, bossy" her nick name for me is 'bossy' gosh I hardly remember where we picked her up. Doesn't matter i love her, also she's my adopted daughter, not legally of course. The crawl space opens, I toss my bag in. Then I say on the intercom "gonna put my bike into hiding"

"Hurry!" She clearly wanted the chocolate that's why she was being inpatient. I got back on then swerved it to the back where the door just clicked I pulled in the garage like thing the door closed behind me. I took the keys out. I walked to my bag, but flix was getting the chocolate. "Heya little wolfie"

"Heya bossy" she smiled because i brought her two bars instead of one.

"Thanks mom"

"Yeah,Yeah now shoo, oh and before you go you have a class on English later"

"Who's teaching?"

"Uh I guess your dad volunteered, where is he anyway?"

"Kitchen"

The darkly lit base well it looks like any other club house you'd find the stair way led to the cameras and the other intercom, the center or main area was lit by red lights so it was dark ,every other room had normal lights. We're currently working on a new base just in case we get pushed out of this one, it won't be long now we've been here for about 7 months so it won't be long. I think the longest we've spent at a base was one year and two weeks. We're lasting pretty well in a big city like this. By we're I mean our happy little family non of us are related and not even technically I don't call anyone uncle neither does flix. Most criminals have heard of us most know that if they really need help we'll cradle them until their ready but none of them dare go against our little team.

I walk into the kitchen the lights off ,he's not there but flix is still right because the trap door that blends into the floor leads into his little work shop and that little place has an emergency exit into the garage so we can leave if needed. I find the door the open it up, but to my surprise I hear him scrambling around. But just in case it's not him and it's an uninvited guest I get my had ready on my gun. I peer down.