03: Powers

It took them two days to move out of their house. Dongmyeong and Dongju are roommates, they insisted. As for Yejun he'll be staying with Youngjo, to ensure his safety.

"How are you?" Youngjo asked the younger. They were having an awkward atmosphere, and they both DON'T like it. "I'm good," The younger replied. They don't know what's making the atmosphere drop, it feels like the room is getting smaller around them. Youngjo doesn't know what to do or say, he just nodded his head when he heard his reply.

Three soft knocks were heard from their door. "It's din-din time," By his voice, Youngjo recognizes it as Dongmyeong.

Youngjo went out first and was followed by Yejun.

He sat the edge of the long table, Younghoon infront of him, and in both sides were Hwanwoong and Giwook. "So any complaints about your roommates?" Younghoon asks. All of them shook their heads, except Youngjo who was eyeing Yejun the whole time. He saw that the boy hesitantly shook his head.

"I thought you have work? You two," Keonhee pointed at the two boys who were sitting at the edge of the table. "Yeah, is it bad to take a break?" Younghoon replied. He and Youngjo work in the same café, they weren't the only ones working; all of them are but Yejun, Dongju, Dongmyeong, and Giwook are still studying.

"I took a whole week leave," Youngjo stated unfazed, while stabbing his food with his fork.

Silence is brought upon them once again. "Do you have any powers Yejun?" Hyungu blurted out, face still emotionless, while looking at his food. Everyone looked at him. "What are you even saying? Of co-" Harin was cut off by Yejun. "Yes," The boy was looking down at his plate. Now everyone's attention is on him.

"What kind?" Younghoon asked curiosity filling in him. "I don't know yet, but all I know is I have night vision and I can hear everything, even the smallest sounds." His voice was getting lower as soon as he said the last part. Younghoon widen his eyes as soon as he heard that he can hear EVERYTHING.

"So you heard everything we said two days ago?" Seoho panicked while Hyungu snickered making everybody turn their attention to him again. "You didn't notice? Of course he has powers, he's the son of Artemis, and I doubt he didn't hear everything." Hyungu was right, as they know him, he's smart yet silent. He'll talk, once someone opens the topic. Like right now.

"It's not bad if he hears it, I mean for me, he has the right to know." Hyungu added. Yejun instantly nodded his head. "Yeah, why wouldn't you want me to know?" Yejun crossed his arms and pouted cutely.

Younghoon sighed, "We don't want you to get in trouble, cuz maybe, if you knew, we, uh, w-we--"

"See? You don't even have a suitable explanation." Yejun crossed his arms again. They all sighed--except for Hyungu of course--as the kid was right. "Since I know that they're coming back. Can I, you know, possibly, join you?" He softly said, not wanting to shock the others. But he was late. "What?!" They all said, even Hyungu, he didn't expect for the kid to fight for himself. Like, who would do that?

"No"
"Kid are you out of mind?!"
"Absolutely NOT"
"How? I mean what?! I mean why?!"

Those were some of the remarks he heard. He wanted to help them, really. He witnessed their fights and he has learned quite enough from watching them. "Please, so that I can be helpful just for once." The boy begged.

"But you're doing just fine when doing nothing." Keonhee said, making the boy stand up from his seat, he slammed his hands on the table while eyeing everyone. "I don't want to!" He raised his tone, making everyone flinch. "Train me then," The boy crossed his arms, his face was full of confidence and will. They all eyed each other, looking at each other's eyes, talking telepathically. And for the last stare, they looked at Youngjo, the leader of them all. He looked at the kid then to his members.

"No."