Chapter 16: New Invitation

Sometimes, we find ourselves falling unexpectedly. Whether it be in love, or in pain, or in a depression. We often don't admit that we're falling. When we fall in love, we believe there is no way that the person we like feels the same. So what happens when they do? What happens when they're also fighting this feeling? The feeling of thinking the person they like doesn't like them back. What happens when that person is you?

There was a sound in the background. Like someone was opening a cereal box. I slowly shook awake as realized I was still on the couch. And Steve was still next to me. We were still in the same position as we were when we fell asleep. I yawned. And soon Lucy and Steve both waked up.

"Oh you guys are awake. And I didn't mean to wake you and your boyfriend up sorry about that." Leo smiled. I shot him a stink eye.

"God Leo, you're so damn loud." I said as I got up. Lucy walked behind me. "Do you want any breakfast?" I asked Steve. He yawned and nodded his head. "Get anything you wish." I smiled. As I walked into the kitchen, Leo looked at me.

"Who is that?" He mouthed. Steve walked in.

"Oh, I'm Steve Randle, a friend of Elena's." He said.

"Leo. Elena's old brother." Leo said.

"Say, what are you guys doing for New Years?" Steve asked. We looked at eachother.

"We're not doing much, mom and dad will be gone until I think a couple of days after New Years.." I said.

"You guys should come over if you'd like."  Steve said as he placed his plate in the sink. Leo and I looked at eachother.

"We'd love to." I said.

Steve smiled. We heard a knock on the door  I walked over and opened the door. Two stood there.

"Hey, were back early." He said.

"Oh hey. She was just finishing breakfast. Do you want anything?" I asked. He shook his head. Two then left with Lucy.

"Well I should get going." I have work in a couple of minutes." He said. 

"Okay, I'll see you later." I said as I hugged him. He grabbed his jacket and left.

As I sat with my plate of cereal, Leo walked upstairs.

The door opened, revealing Meredith. Her hair was messed up and she looked tired.

"Looks like someone had sex." I said. She slightly jumped.

I laughed. "Calm down its just me." I said. Mer sighed.

"He's great. He's so good." She said sitting down.

"Steve invited us to the Curtis house for New Years." I said.

"Oh yeah, that's when he's telling his brothers about me and I'm meeting them." She said.

"Ou, so this is serious!" I smiled.

Meredith grabbed a spoon and grabbed a spoonful of my cereal. "Very serious." She said smiling.

We don't give ourselves time to live. We often live tied to our job, school, or expectations our parents have for us. So when we do get invited someone. We don't know what to do. Take the invitation. Go. Have fun. You deserve it. Live life. Freely. And with the people you love.

——————————————