𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

"𝙄 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙."

     What could possibly happen in a gloomy September afternoon? Little drops of rain were dancing on the pavements, the sky was painted with gray hues and the silent whispers of the wind  were pushing it's way inside Ember City's not-so-known café

     What could possibly happen in a gloomy September afternoon? Little drops of rain were dancing on the pavements, the sky was painted with gray hues and the silent whispers of the wind  were pushing it's way inside Ember City's not-so-known café. What could these possibly bring?

     It was an upsetting day for Ambrose. He knew that if he had a chance to leave his band, he'd leave in a heartbeat. But no-- he can't, alright.

     Somehow, he managed to leave the rented studio he and his group settled in and took his time meditating under the drizzle.

     "What about me? How am I supposed to be happy?" He muttered to himself as the rain started to get heavier.

     "Screw this," he hissed.

     People were starting to hide under the line of cafés-- scared to wet their expensive clothes and well- trimmed hairs. Ambrose was different, though. The rain was therapeutic.

     He looked around. He was searching for the café he often went to but after a few steps, he slowly backed away as he found it in it's dark and empty form with the sign, "This café will no longer operate in this area."

     "Great." He rolled his eyes and irritation built up again.

     Ambrose didn't want to end the day with a gloom so he went searching for other cafés to settle in.

     Meanwhile on the other end of the line, one café was occupied with rather a few people. He then went inside and almost cussed as he shivered under the air-conditioned place.

    "What kind of place tends to higher the aircondition in such a gloomy weather," he whispered to himself.

     Moving onto the counter, a girl which he assumed to be the one taking orders, seemed to be surprised.

     "It seems like today is our lucky day. We're having quite a good number of customers," she thought. "Good afternoon, sir. May I take your order?"

     Ambrose didn't respond for a while. He was trying to fit in the unfamiliar place. As he finally decided to order something, he took a glance to the girl.

     "One Americano, please."

     "One Americano right up. Anything else?" She asked in quite a happy manner.

     "I'm good. I'll just take it out," Ambrose whispered-- enough for the girl to hear. He ended the conversation there and searched for a seat.

     While he settled himself, the lass seemed to find Ambrose eerily familiar. She couldn't quite name it.

     "Seems like you got caught up in the rain. Would you like some napkin to dry yourself, Sir?" She asked. They were the only ones inside the café while the other two customers settled themselves outside. She found it awkward to just stand there.

     "I'm okay. But I wouldn't mind if you lower down the A.C."

     Oh right, the air conditioner. So much for trying to strike a conversation. While she was doing things to the airconditioner, a memory popped in her head. Right! How could she not remember?

     The coffee was finally done and it was time to go. Ambrose received several calls from his bandmates but still chose to ignore them.

     "Would you mind if I ask for your name, Sir? I need to write it out on the cup," she said and smiled innocently. Ambrose nodded.

     "Ambrose."

     "Okay..." The lass leaned and slowly wrote his name, mumbled the letters in a childish manner. "A...m...br-brose."

     "There you go. Thank you so much for stopping by!" Ambrose nodded and went on his way.

      "Seriously Ambrosius! Where have you been? The gig is two hours away! Can't you be decent for once?" Ambrose's brother, Chael was mad, alright. He had to call him by his real name.

      Being in a band felt so tiring for Ambrose. He couldn't take it. It was foolish for him. It was just a dream he no longer wanted. He wanted to stop. No one will ever believe in their band, he thought.

     "I'm tired, okay? Can't you see? We've been doing this for years! None of these is taking us anywhere!" He fired back. He couldn't take it anymore and just yeeted his way towards his room.

     "Motherfu-- get back here!"

     As Ambrose lay himself and covered his eyes with the back of his arm, he couldn't seem to think of anything else. There were loud knocks on his room.

     "Ugh, for frick's sake let me rest-" He was about to throw the empty cup on his bed side table when something suddenly caught his attention. It was his name-- no. The words were longer than just his name. There was a message left for him. How could he not notice earlier?

     'Hi Ambrose! May you have a good day ahead. Good luck in your gig tonight! I believe in you.- B.'

      Ambrose couldn't comprehend the words. He began to read it over and over again.

     A surprising spark began to form in his chest. He felt happy for the first damn time of the day.

   Out of all the band she could possibly know, they were included in her world, he thought. And out of all the strangers he could possibly meet in a random day, he came across to someone who knows his existence... she recognized and believed... in... him.

     Ambrose slowly opened his door. The boys were waiting for him.

     "Darn it."

🥀200702
🥀9:56 A.M.

M