mornings | giyu

modern au

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

It was very early in the morning. The sun was just rising - its bright, warm glow slowly filling in the room. Giyu wasn't a fan of the morning. He absolutely hated waking up and getting greeted by the light that nearly blinded him. He wished his room stayed dark, it was more comfortable that way. But the sunlight was already high up in the sky, its brightness waking him.

He knew he was slowly waking up. He made sure that his eyes were shut tight in hopes of falling back asleep. Unfortunately for Giyu, he couldn't.

He opened his eyes, the feeling of sleepiness evident on his face. His pupils made its way onto the ceiling before letting out a tired sigh. He felt drained. His sleep schedule was a complete wreck.

"Hey, (Name)..." He whispered, praying for you to reply back. He desperately needed your voice right now. It's the only thing that  could keep him from a bad mood.

He was expecting to hear your voice call his name back. The same voice that never failed to make his heart melt. But nothing came.

"(Name)?" He called out again, much louder this time. Still no reply. That's when he noticed that you weren't beside him. No wonder why the bed felt lighter than usual. He turned to look at your side of the bed, only to find the sheets ruffled and the blanket on the floor.

He grunted as he placed his feet on the cold floor, and slowly made his way to the kitchen.

The smell of fresh coffee entranced his nose. Coffee, he needed one of those. He rubbed the sleepiness off his eyes to see you leaning on the kitchen wall with your phone in hand. You were dressed in neat, work clothing and had a bag slung over your shoulder. Your hair was a bit messy, as if you didn't have time to do it.

For some reason, nervousness laced your face. "Giyu! Do I look okay?" You grabbed his shoulders and made sure he looked at your outfit.

"Yeah," was the only word he said. He then made his way to the counter to pour himself a cup of coffee. "I'm serious!" You crossed your arms.

He took a sip of his coffee, "What got you so worked up?"

"I can't believe you forgot. But as you can see," You gestured to your clothes, "It's going to be my first day of work."

"Hm." He took a sip again, "So, you're nervous?"

You nodded before gulping down the last drops of your coffee. You grabbed your blazer that was hanging on one of the chairs and slung it on your other shoulder. "And to make things worse, I'm late." You groaned. You checked the time on your watch, "Looks like I'll be going. I'll see you later,"

You started to make your way towards the front door. As he watched you walk away, his eyes fell onto the forgotten wallet on the table. He heaved a sigh and placed his cup on the table, before grabbing the wallet and running up to you.

He tapped your shoulder, "You forgot something." Before he could hand you the wallet, soft lips connected with his. He nearly dropped the wallet from his hands, his face heating up at the sudden kiss. It took him a second to realise but soon kissed back.

Despite dating for a long time, things like this never fail to make Giyu look like an absolute tomato. You chuckled, "Of course, I can't forget your morning kiss."

He slowly opened up his hand to reveal the wallet, "I-I meant this.. But thanks."

I'm sorry if this was short and sloppy. I wrote this at 3 AM :'D. But I hope you enjoy it nonetheless!