Chapter 20: Erased

The entire room was silent as I sat on my knees, mouth covered as I began to cry, realizing what just happened. My sister and friends surrounded me, giving me comfort as they tried piecing together what just happened.

"Where... Where are the others?" Teegan asked as Fujin put a hand on her shoulder as he gave her a depressed expression. Teegan quickly realized what I did and began to cry. "No... No that can't be..."

"It is... and it's all my fault." I claim as the others began to surround me.

"Where's Cassie?" Sonya Blade asked as Johnny Cage stood by her side.

"And Jacqui?" Jackson Briggs follows.

"And my dad?" Takeda asks right after Jackson.

I close my eyes as tears began running down my face as many others begin to inquire about their loved ones whereabouts. Raiden was the first to bend a knee and surround me in his arms as I begin to sob.

"I'm so sorry, Raiden!" I tell him as I sob into his chest. "I couldn't save them."

"They know that... both of them do." is all Raiden said as he began to cry himself.

As the two of us sat there and cried, Sub-Zero and Scorpion walked past us and approached Natalia and her unconscious aunt. Sub-Zero stood over Briana's body with a determined look as Scorpion rested his hand on Natalia's shoulders, gently helping her up as Sub-Zero knelt down and began freezing Briana's body. A few seconds later, she woke up.

(Briana)

"Briana... Wake up..." I heard the words said to me as I struggled to open my eyes.

I groan in pain, feeling a heavy pain in my head that seemed to cloud my image, but once my eyes were open, I open them to find...

"Kuai Liang...?" I asked, not believing my eyes.

"Briana..." he replied as I felt and stroked his cheek, making sure he was real.

I then leapt up and kissed him as he kissed me back, grabbing the back of my head as he pulled me closer, tears escaping both of our eyes. Once we parted, we hugged ever so tightly, with him still grasping the back of my head.

"This isn't real! It is my mind playing tricks on this old wreckage of a man." Kuai Liang claimed as I came face to face with him again.

Touching his cheek with a soft touch, I said, "I am here, Kuai..."

After helping me up, he kept me close as he began asking me a string of questions.

"Where have you been all these years? Why did you leave? We could've figured something out, Briana?" Kuai asked me as I closed my eyes and nodded my head.

"After the death of my sister, I needed to ensure the safety of her daughter. I... I didn't think. I'm sorry, my love. I had to choose family over the clan... over you." I told him as he lifted my chin up with his finger.

He smiled.

"You are here now. That is all that matters." he revealed, looking down at the Dragon Medallion that was pinned to my blue shirt.

Removing it from my shirt and pinned it to his vest, therefore relinquishing my reign as Grandmistress of the Lin Kuei.

"I believe this is yours. The Lin Kuei are outside, waiting for your command." I tell him, stepping back and bowing in his presence.

Kuai then bowed out of respect as he looked over towards a stunned Natalia, laying eyes on his niece for the first time. He suspiciously approached her, studied her every feature as she stood tall, much like her father would.