Thirty One

I was extremely reluctant to invade Liz's plans to meet up with another friend when she ambushed me today

I was extremely reluctant to invade Liz's plans to meet up with another friend when she ambushed me today. I wasn't really looking forward to the looks of pity or judgement. It was very unlikely that Liz would've kept the truth away from her friend, but it wasn't like the truth was exactly private since it was all over Instagram.

With hesitation, I joined Liz and her friend, Macy for what I said would be an hour. I had an excuse and everything, but I didn't end up needing it.

When I met Macy, there was something different to what I experienced in a while.

For most part, I had always been an extension of Beckett.

But now I was my own person.

Macy was wonderful experience to show that I could put myself out there. She didn't have some predetermined opinion of me and allowed me to be myself unapologetically. I didn't need to worry about how anything would reflect and cause gossip.

I didn't need to compromise with Beckett on who I kept as friends and no longer had to hang out with the same people as him. People were already talking but I didn't owe them anything.

I was ready to make my own social life.

But tomorrow, because today I have a date with my laptop and popcorn.

I am glad I met Macy today.