Morning and Archives

Waking up the next morning I had set my alarm for 6AM, and I knew Dad wouldn't be up until at least 7. So I started my own research on the tablet on my laptop. I didn't find much, granted. Probably just the basics- that it had been found in 1952 at the Nile Expedition. That and the fact that Akmenrah's mummified form and the tablet had before being in the Egyptology Depatment of Cambridge University before being tranferred to the Museum of Natural History in New York, were the only things I found out.

I seemed to have hit a brick wall, so I began to think about Ahkmenrah himself... he had clearly been given the tablet as a family heirloom, so how long had the tablet actually been around? Speaking of family, where were his parents? Were they in a museum too? I wrote myself a list of possible questions to discuss with Dad later today, before heaving myself out of bed to get changed.

I just wore the usual, some jeans, a floaty top, and my favourite pleated jacket.

My hair was a sight though! It stuck out at horrible angles, but Dad would be up soon so I didn't have time to do anything great to it. So I executed Plan B... I grabbed a hair band and tugged my long brown locks into a side plait.

 I casually sauntered into the kitchen area, grabbing bowl and some cereal to make some breakfast, rolling my eyes at the loud snoring coming from Nicky's room. 

I munched on my breakfast as I watched the little TV in the kitchen, until Dad got up.

It was about ten minutes later when Dad emerged from his room, fully dressed, and actually looking ready for the day as opposed to his usual zombified expression.

"Hey Dad," I sung, not taking my eyes from the sitcom on the TV.

"Morning, sweetheart," he kissed my head as he traipsed over to the fridge to find some breakfast.

"I did some research," I said absently, still watching the TV religiously.

"And?" he queried, putting some bread in the toaster.

"You'd be surprised at the lack of information that any website seems to have on the Tablet; not the encyclopedia websites, or the museum websites, or even the egyptian mythology websites," I complained, before shovelling another spoonful of cereal into my mouth.

"Guess we'll have to rely on the archives then," Dad sighed, before asking, "Does that mean you found nothing then?"

I finally turned my eyes away from the TV, "Dad. Do you really think I'd have looked through so many trashy, useless websites, and not found at least one piece of information what with my determination?"

He chuckled to himself, buttering his toast; "Go on then."

"The only vaguely useful information I found was that it was found by a bunch of explorers at the 1952 Nile Exhibition..." I muttered, annoyed that that was the only information out there on the world wide frigging web, about the Tablet.

"We can work with that," Dad urged.

"Mhm," I muttered.

"You done with that?" Dad asked, and I nodded, letting him take my empty cereal bowl and shove it in the dishwasher.

"When are we going?" I asked, curiously.

"Calm down, I'm nearly done," Dad exclaimed, shovelling his toast into his mouth at an alarming pace.

"No, I don't mean because I'm impatient," I explained, rolling my eyes, "I'm just wondering what we're gonna do about Nicky if we leave before he gets up. Are we going to leave a note or something?"