❧ 04. Trying

If there's one thing that [name] is thankful for, was that Kanao would be joining her on the joint mission she had with the three demon slayers, given how they had to 'look after' the troublesome demon slayers, and [name] was glad.

Because if Kanao wasn't there, she would have probably committed suicide or murdered Hashibira Inosuke because the latter, was being a tad bit too annoying right now.

"[name]? I can smell that you're quite irritated right now," Tanjiro spoke out and [name] turned to look at the burgundy hair boy and raised an eyebrow in response as the veins on her forehead were bulging as well.

"How can I not be irritated, when I have a certain boar head attacking me at random times?" [name] asked as she raised her nichirin blade once more and it clashed against Inosuke's attack. Kanao could only gently pat [name] on the shoulder as she let out a sigh.

"Because of him, I'm going to age 10 times faster," she mumbled out as they waited for the whiny Zenitsu to finish whining. [name] then let out a sigh once more and noticed at the side of the entrance to the Demon Slayer Corps headquarters, was a certain Serpent Hashira who was madly in love with her older sister.

She ran up to him, leaving Inosuke to get reprimanded by Tanjiro, and eventually her light green eyes lit up upon seeing what Obanai had held out to her.

"Here, take care, Kanroji and I will be waiting for your return," he spoke out and [name] smiled softly then as she accepted the bento box full of dangos. She then waved goodbye to Obanai who nodded, whereas Kaburamaru was using his tail to wave goodbye instead.

And soon he watched as she hopped through the trees together with the other demon slayers who gulped in response at how he was giving off a terrifying scowl as if warning them if [name] had a scratch on her, he wouldn't forgive.

"She's fast!" Tanjiro commented as he tried to keep up with [name] and Kanao's speed who was about 6 trees away from them. They were taking the short cut towards a train station where [name] knew Kyojuro was as she remembered him to be the kind who would explore his surroundings before heading over directly to the given area.

"Better keep up!" [name] called out as she couldn't sense them behind her. Zenitsu was crying the entire time he jumped from tree to tree, and Inosuke was going on a rampage as always. She was rather overwhelmed for this mission as she had to look out not only for the Flame Hashira but also three younger ones, and Kanao was not satisfied with being on a mission that would take quite a long time to complete.

As soon as they ended up at the train station, [name] and Kanao proceeded to purchase tickets and Kanao soon pointed to the small food store that was right next to the ticketing station. A smile graced upon [name]'s lips and Kanao ushered the younger Kanroji to head in and buy whatever she wanted, while she purchased the tickets.

"WHAT IS THIS CREATURE?!"

"I bet this is that thing!"

"What thing?" Tanjiro asked and Zenitsu shrugged his shoulders.

"The master of this land! The ruler!" and [name] had heard what Inosuke had said as she arrived back to join the demon slayers together with Kanao, and she had an irk mark on her forehead then but decided to keep quiet.

"See how long it is? So intimidating! No mistake! It looks like it's sleeping right now, but don't let your guard down!"

"Uh no. It's a train. Have you not seen one before?" Zenitsu asked as [name] and Kanao were just about to board the train.

"Shush! Calm down!" Inosuke yelled and slapped Zenitsu straight in the mouth.

"I'll lead the charge!" and Inosuke grabbed hold of his swords.