Chp 6-Playground Fun

Zayn's POV

I wake up from a cozy slumber and decide to take a shower to wake myself up. The cool water instantly refreshes me. I lather up some shampoo and start to massage it into my hair when I hear a noise from outside the curtain.

I peep my head around the curtain, holding in front of my naked body, and see Niall sitting on the toilet.

A surprised laugh escapes my lips and I say, "Hey, Nialler."

He looks up from a magazine and waves, "Hi, Zayn."

"What are you doing in here?" I chuckle as I resume my shower.

"Had to crap."

"No! You're going to stink up my shower!" I yell dramatically.

"I turned on the vent fan."

"Oh. Okay, good."

I rinse out the shampoo and ask Niall, "How's your jellyfish sting?"

"Oh, it's doing great. I took a picture and put it up on twitter. You should have seen what the fans posted," he laughs. "They were saying they were gonna hunt down the jellyfish and rip its tentacles off."

"That's vicious."

"Yeah, I know. It was funny."

After scrubbing down my body, I take a risk and decide to ask, "What was wrong with Louis yesterday?"

After a long pause, he speaks, "H-he was.. homesick. But he called his mum last night, so he's okay now."

"Oh," I say. That was simple. I'm glad that's all that was going on.

I hear the toilet flush, and I quickly step out from under the water, waiting for it to heat up and then cool back down. After Niall leaves, I get out, wrap myself in a towel, and get dressed in my and Liam's room.

Downstairs, I find the rest of the lads lounging around looking bored. Liam speaks up, "We should head out somewhere."

"Like where?" Louis asks.

"I don't know. Where do you lot feel like going?"

Harry lists some places, "The icecream parlor, the bowling alley, the beach..."

"I know!" I say as a great idea suddenly pops into my mind. "The playground!"

Everyone's faces light up and we agree on going to the playground. As silly as that sounds, we were really excited.

It was just down the beach so we decide to walk there. Liam packs sandwiches and chips for lunch and we walk barefoot in the sand.

"We should do a twitcam soon for the fans," Liam suggests.

Niall hops up and down giddily. "Sounds fun," I chime.

Harry says, "Let's do it when we get back later."

"Okay, sure," Liam says.

"Yay!" Niall exclaims.

When we arrive at the park, there's only a couple other people there. A young couple sitting cross-legged at a picnic giggling excitedly at one another. A boy playing frizbe with his dog. An energetic dad chasing after his three kids happily, dodging around the playground equipment.

We claim a picnic bench to set all our stuff down on. Niall immediately asks for lunch.

"Niall, it's only 11. Go run around for a bit and then we'll have lunch," Liam says.