3.04

Episode 3 continues

Jack slammed a hefty book on the table making me raise an eyebrow at him.

"Demons." He stated.

I blinked very slowly looking up at the boy. "Say that again I could have swore I heard you say demons."

"We summon a demon to do our heist. There are hundreds to choose from. They all do different things."

"I don't need my mini mini fridge that bad." I muttered standing up, only to get pulled back down by Hamish.

"Found the perfect one. It's name is zecchia. It's a baron demon,  and it steals whatever the summoner desires."

"Isn't there demon blowback?" Lilith asked making me nod in agreement. "Won't we have to do something for it?"

"No, that's the beauty of it. Okay? We call them, they show up, we pay the toll, and they do our bidding. It's all about following the protocol perfectly. I read half a dozen books, and it's the one basic rule."

"I'm in." Hamish said making me groan.

"Me too." Lilith agreed

"Last time we thought something was going to be this easy, i got burned alive. Twice! I'm out." I said holding up my hands.

"Nope I'm with max." My brother said. "No thanks. No way. Not a demon. Not ever."

"Quintuple negative." I agreed.

"Yall wanted a new plan, here it is." Jack said trying to get us on board.

"Your talking full on order magic here. That Dosent make you nervous?"

"Says the guy who wnated to be a war wolf."

"Were lock." I corrected her.

"Randall, Max, this does not make us converts. It's just a mean to an end." Jack stated.

"If we do this, the end is us totally absorbed into the order."

"What we saw in the fear corridor were nightmares, not prophecies." Hamish said making me gulp loudly.

"Are you sure?"

"If I go out in flames you all will be dead to me." I muttered taking a sip of my drink.

"Demons are in hell." My brother muttered. "Demons are from wherever they're from for a a reason."

"We shouldn't try to draw them here. Haven't you all watched horror movies? Every time they bring something here, people die." I spat glaring at my friends. "And I don't know about you, but I'm not trying to see y'all dead. It's a
no from me." I stood up from my chair

"Max." Hamish almsot wined.

"It's a hard no for me." My brother also said standing up.
"Should be for you too."

"Gross milk? Really?" I asked my brother. "I like milk." He shot back.

I shook my head and took a sip of some whiskey I had poured.

"Is that milk?" Alyssa asked my brother. "And whiskey?" She said turning to me.

"Maybe you can conjure up a cookie for me." My brother asked and i nodded. "Cookie and whiskey is bomb."

"You don't need a cookie but maybe y'all need a friend. I'm actually a really good listener."

I scoffed and shook my head. "This ones on you Randall." I muttered.

"I thought I had it all figured out, you know? Med school, couple years overseas saving lives, and then I'd set up a sweet practice. So that goes sideways,  in a good way, with the whole." He looked around and whispered "werewolf knights thing."

And it was great. More than great. But now"

"Now you don't know who you are?" Alyssa asked. "The thing you thought you were, you aren't anymore,  and you can't figure out how or why it happened, if you can ever get it back?"

"No I don't think her meant that." I chuckled.

"I'm worried about some friends. But now I'm alittle worried about you."

"I'm fine. What are some friends up to?"

"It must suck when your magic doesn't work." I shot at her trying to distract her from what Randall had brought up.

"Okay whatever that nimrod told you..." she glared at me. "It does suck." She grabbed Randall's glass of milk and downed the rest of it.

"Yeah I bet." I said sarcastically.

"He's worried about you." Randall said talking about jack. "The first kill is always the hardest"

"Especially if you never expected there to be a first kill. Anyways." She got back to her main point. "What are they up to?"

"Nothing."

"Are you a diversion? Is that why you're here? Are you diverting me?"

"Wow a guy goes out for a glass of 2% and all he gets is the third degree."

Randall waved at some people who walked in, a lot more than usual.

"Busy. What's happening tonight?" I asked.

"Vera preparing for a demon ritual."

"Oh yeah? What's this one do?" My brother asked. 

"Decimate a village? Break up the girl guide?" I asked.

"This one?" Alyssa asked suspiciously.

"What's the order need with a demon anyhow?" I asked saving Randall. "They've already got Vera."

"We're not summoning. We're containing." Alyssa said, making me turn alittle to Randall with a stern look on my face.

"81 years ago, som idiot failed to follow the orders first rule of demon summoning. So now every 27 years,  we clean it up."

"There's uh a first rule to demon summoning?"

"Lemme guess." I said putting a finger on my chin, "don't."

"The only rule." Alyssa nodded.

My brother looked over at me, and yawned. "All this milk has made me sleepy. I got go."

I took a deep breath, downed the rest of my drink. "I'm going to take this." I said grabbing the bottle."