°0°

Open meadow's, flowers blowing in the wind, the sound of rushing water and birds chirping, trees swaying peacefully in the breeze. Tranquility. That's all he could describe the field as.

Alone was a boy, no older than 18, long brown hair framing his tanned face. His eyes cast towards the sky as a soft smile made its claim on his chiseled face. He was wanted by women, envied by men. His body built by defined angles, hard muscles hidden under the soft skin. Many woman made their advances, but none had success. The women who courted him, or attempted to, we're not interesting to him.

No one could catch the attention of the mysterious boy. He was simply.. uninterested. Who could blame him? In a world of magic and adventure, why would he want to be tied down by love? It was a waste, obviously.

He could go his whole life on adventures and living in the magical forest he found along the way, and live a happy life. He didn't need a wife, he didn't need kids, his legacy would be that of an adventurer. No one could stop him from achieving greatness on his own.

His parents had many children, they didn't need him to carry on the family name, he had plenty of brothers and sisters to bear grandchildren. He took one last breath of the forest around him before hoisting his bookbag on his back, and leaving the forest, on to his next adventure.

•••

The village was always bubbling with laughter and life, just as he wanted his own life to be. His parents wished for grandchildren, but he couldn't seem to find a woman he found desirable enough to give his parents the perfect offspring.

Women found him interesting enough, with his creamy skin, expressive eyes and light hair, he'd surely make beautiful offspring, but of all the women who wished to court, he couldn't bring himself to engage, much to his parents dismay. He was an only child, it was his job to make his parents proud, continue the family legacy.

So why couldn't he find a woman suitable enough? He sighed, a blonde curl bouncing against his forehead as he brought wood home to his mother, setting it outside before coming inside to a welcoming, happy family. Many in his village envy the happy, picture perfect family, but he didn't understand why.

He was approaching marriage age, and if love was a maze, he wanted to find the exit quickly.