Prologue

"When a man loves, he loves without reason. There is nothing more. When a woman loves she loves beyond her soul. There is nothing left. When their hearts find each other....there are no more words..."
                                 ..........msl

Days and hours and minutes and seconds had led up to this. The ocean beckoned to them and they were blissfully happy to comply. Not a moment was spent without conscious intent. Every ounce of their essence was manifested in love, caring, want, desire
understanding and hope.

Can wanted more than anything to fulfill Sanem's dreams of a family together in which they were free to live their love as they wished. That meant for now far from Istanbul and all the past memories both good and bad. He would sail the worlds oceans to bring her happiness if she but asked. Her happiness was him and only him.

Sanem felt as if though a silver thread connected her heart to Cans and now to their unborn babe. Soon they would be three Divits living United by a fierce and devoted love. She intended to be his partner, lover, support and friend. Her heart only knew one thing and that was Can Divit was it's master and she his willing love.

"Sanem.....take the wheel"....she did so. Confidant in what she had already been taught in the weeks at sea. "Bebek, this is the second time you have spotted land before I did. I will make a captain of you yet". He pinched her cheeks as she thought for a moment what he meant by the second time. A moment later she exclaimed "Caaaan, your right. I found our island when we escaped the ship." She beamed at him with eyes that sparkled and a smile that made him want to eat her up there and then. He put the glass away and wrapped his arms around her waist resting his hands protectively over the lower part of her belly and pressing up against her womanly softness that always beckoned him. "My beautiful wife, mother of my children and the best second mate in the sea. We will be in Mykonos soon. To begin our new life together and to build up our family. Are you happy birtanem?" She leaned back onto his chest feeling the muscles that she only knew too well "Evet Captain. Evet. I am soo happy Can." He kissed the space between her neck and shoulder sucking on the sweet scented skin that he loved to kiss. Looking up and seeing land far ahead he felt the smallest sense of trepidation. It hadn't left him since they set sail but he had kept it at bay. He couldn't wait to set his feet upon the ground. He needed to secure there living arrangement and fortify their surroundings. He would leave nothing to chance. Something had been left unresolved when they left Istanbul and unless he was completely off the mark he felt sure it would come looking for them. This time however he was ready and had no  intention of watching and waiting. This time he would be prepared and ready. Nothing would take her away from him. Not an empire and certainly not a faceless unknown enemy. They had come too far, lost so much and fought so hard for their love. He would protect her from it all. She was his life. His only one!