July 23, 2020

The sky was flooded with thousands of shades of magenta and orange as the dawn broke and began the day. Birds chirped loudly as if they knew how important that Thursday was to people around the world. As the sun slowly began it's slow and steady climb in the sky, millions of people woke up in excitement, quickly checking social media for anything different than the day before. Within minutes the hashtags #1DReunion, #1D, #OneDirection became the top hashtags on every social media across the internet. But to their disappointment there was nothing. There were only fans going from excited, to confused, to fearful, to finally disappointment. Little did the internet know, it was about to break.

Later that night after many people had turned into bed, giving up hope. Many determined fans stayed up, hopeful that the boys would not let them down. A few turned on tvs and switched to CBS just in time to catch the beginning of "The Late Late Show With James Corden."

The Late Late Show theme begins as James Corden walks out through a dark purple curtain.

"Hello, good evening, and welcome to The Late Late Show, thank you everyone," James addresses the audience, "I'm so glad all of you could make it here tonight."

Cheers erupts from the audience as James walks over and sits behind his desk.

"As many of you know, this week we here at the Late Late Show have been very secretive about our guests this week. Our guests have been planning a huge surprise that has been under wraps for months and having their identities kept secret for this show was a part of that plan. So without further ado," James says as he takes a pause for dramatic effect, "Please welcome our guests tonight ONE DIRECTION!"

Fans across the world erupt into cheers and break into tears. As Louis, Harry, Liam, Niall, and Zayn It's happening, all of the boys are there together. Millions of brains begin to race, what could the huge surprise be? A tour? An album? Another fragrance? They all sat on the edge of their seats waiting for the reveal.

"Welcome boys," James said as the boys all took their seats.

"Thank you for having us," Louis said with a huge smile.

"As I'm sure many of you are aware, tonight is the ten year anniversary of One Direction forming on X Factor all the way back in 2010, James says as he turns to look at the audience.

Cheers and applause erupts from the audience.

"For months now, fans across the world have been speculating and theorizing what you boys have cooked up for this huge milestone. Some have guessed an album, some a reunion tour while others have been less optimistic and were quite worried that you weren't going to do anything at all," James continued, "If you don't mind me asking, what exactly do you have planned?"

The boys all looked at each other  and smiled as a stage hand brought a podium out and set it up in the middle of the stage. Niall stands up and walks over, standing behind it. The podium has many different microphones on it making it appear very similar to a podium used during a press conference.

"Ahem," Niall began clearing his throat and looking directly into the camera knowing he was being broadcasted across the world, "I, Niall Horan am running for president of the united states in 2020."