Witnessing a murder

Janaki and Neil were both returning home from school. They always took the mysterious road number 4 home so as to enjoy the mystery , this road was between forests and was also really spooky. While they were walking and talking about their day neil heard a huge screech coming from inside the forest. Janaki heard it too and she glanced at Neil. Neil reading the expression on her face told her," No Janaki! Do not even think about it" then Janaki said," Sorry too late". She went inside the forest, Neil accompanying her from the behind and there they saw a man brutally beaten and tied to a tree". Janaki was terrified and was about to scream when Neil put his hand over her mouth and told her to not scream. He then said" Be quiet or we will be the killers appetizer". Just then a man in black hood came and told to the person tied up to tree,"Mr Singh do you give up now?, give us the code now or else". The killer takes out a gun and points it to Mr Singhs forehead, Mr Singh says,"May god forgive you for the outrageous crime you are about to commit and save a seat for you in hell", this angered the killer even more and he pulls put the trigger,". Boom!. Janaki and Neil run to the police station and explain everything to the ASP who sends in a task force with them to the presumed location. But om reaching there, they find the scene crystal clear, there was no sign of blood anywhere and not a single trace of the bullet.Outraged the ASP scolded them and told them to never report an unneccesary crime again and that they were both a disgrace to the town.
Neil told them," Sir but we saw the murder with our own eyes and why would we lie to you". Thats when the ASP says," Fine I will give you 72 hours, of by then you can prove that a murder case took place here I will drop the charges against you both for making a fool out of police". In Mayapur there was a rule stating if anyone called the police unneccersarily they would have to do community service for a whole year cleaning garbage. Janaki and Neil agreed to the deal but asked if anyone would help them and then the ASP said," Our rookie inspector vilaskar would help you". Janaki and Neils face lit up as Neils brother was the one they trusted the most.
Will Janaki and Neil prove themselves or will they have to clean out garbage for the whole year?. Find out in the next chapter