Prologue

He looked at her angrily. "I am your mentor, your teacher, this is not a place, nor time to make fool of me." She looked at the precious things she had made with her own hand now in ruins. Her eyes watered but she didn't cry. She only wanted him to make him something special knowing that he was her mentor. Someone she looked up to.

She was excited when she decided to intern under him. She knew it wasn't going to be easy after first day, because for some reason he doesn't liked her like other interns. That hadn't changed a bit. She thought maybe she can turn this thing around but she couldn't.

She picked up the flowers and the card she made for him. The petals all fallen down and crushed just like her spirit. She threw the flowers and the card in the waste basket. Maybe she can become what everyone else is. The girl who is no different than other.

She will be unnoticeable as others. She will complete the training and go back to her country. That should do it. It should what she had done from before, no more that, no more the immature girl everyone thinks she is.

"She worked hard all night making that for you" he heard his friend say. "I have to leave now; I am getting late for my flight. But it's have been a good time with you here." After his friend left, he picked the card up from the waste basket. He dusted it off and the flowers which were ruined now.

She only wanted to gift him something personal. He can tell she had made it herself and maybe the thorns she had picked for him became thorns of her life. His words were harsher than any thorn. Does he have to insult her in front of every known person?

She walked inside her house sat down in front of her mirror. Her phone rang as usual. Her mother was calling. "Mom?" She asked controlling her tears. "Are you back? How was your day?" "Good," She said not going into the details. "Are you considering returning back?" She asked. "Not again mom, I told you when I finish I am applying for the job,and..."

"You had your wish, maybe considering feeling ours once in a while?" She didn't have strength to listen. So she cut the call, Her appetite was vanished. She looked at the article she had framed and placed all around her house.

"What I thought you were and what you are in reality are two very different things. I don't know how wrong I was about you, how can I ever thought you would let me be one of your friends? You sounded promising in the speech you have given back at the college but now, I know. You just were telling lies. As everyone else in my life. I was too late to understand and I fell sorry for you. And for myself too," She said.

She vowed herself that she would just become like everyone else around him, hide herself. And then just return to her usual life maybe she can after all it is never too late to start again is it? 

Word Count: 544 Words